Music to work to...GO!

Love this video!

1 Like

I’m also super into hip-hop. Can’t hang with the kids and their trap music.

I gotta stop before I start making y’all mixtapes. Hahaha.

7 Likes

I’ve been on some old Aceyalone, Abstract Rude, One Be Lo lately

7 Likes

Anything with Jeff Porcaro or Steve Gadd on drums is automatically good

4 Likes

I think I’m an oddity, I can listen to trap, real rap, Grateful Dead and then Hank Williams jr all In the same day haha.

Music choice like a box of chocolates

7 Likes

Check this out for the feels, Puts rap at a different level:

3 Likes

I cant figure out how to post it rn but gull is sick, one man band from virginia he did a ted talks thing, but there’s some street videos that are more impressive.

2 Likes

Lol I’m the same way and it drives my deep house loving assistant crazy. I’ll start with Merle Haggard, then go to Dillinger Escape Plan, then Jedi Mind Tricks, then Steely Dan, Nofx, Atmosphere, Allman brothers, Sleep, Modest Mouse, Mars Volta, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, A Wax, Zeppelin, Tech N9ne etc…basically ANYTHING but EDM. I play drums so basically anything with a solid groove

8 Likes

I cannot stand edm. I couldn’t ever get into it lol

4 Likes

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue, Legacy Edition. So What.
John Coltrane: Saxophone
Julian “Cannonball” Adderly, Saxophone
Bill Evans: Piano
Jimmy Cobb: Drums
Paul Chambers: Stand Up Bass
Wynton Kelly: Piano

12 Likes

Boys, that’s because EDM sucks.

4 Likes

Miles Davis is the ultimate cool guy.

4 Likes

Oh shit. I love your handle. Jerry Garcia is right behind him. Actually, Jerry is in like God status among some deadheads. 46 Grateful Dead shows from 1974-1994. Buckeye Lake, Ohio. Magic mushrooms. Those were the days’ man. Long Live the Dead,
I think I’ll put on a Dicks Picks.

7 Likes

@FicklePickle

Euro.dong.munchers

Edm

2 Likes
4 Likes

Not so much triggers as programmed drums. Look up Aaron Kitcher drum live… his feet (ever with double stroke technique) it never matches.

Still… his hands are quick as shit

1 Like

Watch George Kolkias Aeons of Burning Galaxies…

That dude is the ultimate for technique and speed.

3 Likes

Francesco Paoli from Fleshgod Apocalypse is A FUCKING MACHINE!!!

Play through (kinda muddy)

Studio cut

3 Likes

I almost put a track up from Book of Human Language. Balance is my jam (being a libra and all). That was by far Aceyalone’s best album.

And @Hansel, throw in a ton of music from south of the border, and you get closer to my taste. Reggae from Costa Rica and Argentina as well as bands like Manu Chao are in my regular playlists, too.

¡También me encanta musica norteña y mís corridos!

And this one is legit on the radio every day in Oregon on the Spanish stations. If you don’t speak Spanish, look up the lyrics. Unreal what is allowed when the lyrics are in Spanish. Haha. The FCC must not care unless you say it in English.

10 Likes

Can’t believe I forgot to add reggae in there! Thank you for the reminder!

2 Likes