Music to work to...GO!

I dont know @SubstituteCreature …Bootsy Collins holds it down.
Geddy has somewhat of a gallop in the early days.

1 Like

Bootsy hands down is the best non-metal show i’ve ever fucking seen in my life. I saw Bootsy on the first or second date with my woman at Riot Fest, I was absolutely insane about this woman and did not want to leave her side the entire day…til` Bootsy started playing. Then I was the fuck in front

1 Like

The amount of people who haven’t heard of Eddie Hazel is fucking criminal if we’re talking about people who once played in Funkadelic. Fucking amazing - straddled the lines of crazy shred rock and heavy ass funk. Amazing.

7 Likes
2 Likes

“Maggot Brain” was recorded in one take when George Clinton, under the influence of LSD, told guitarist Hazel during the recording session to play as if he had been told his mother was dead:[2] Clinton explained “I told him to play like his mother had died, to picture that day, what he would feel, how he would make sense of his life, how he would take a measure of everything that was inside him.”[6] Though several other musicians performed on the track, Clinton largely faded them out of the final mix so that the focus would be on Hazel’s guitar. Hazel utilized fuzz and wah effects, inspired by his idol Jimi Hendrix; Clinton subsequently added delay and other effects in mixdown, saying “I Echoplexed it back on itself three or four times. That gave the whole thing an eerie feel, both in the playing and in the sound effects.”[6] Critics have described the solo as “lengthy, mind-melting” and “an emotional apocalypse of sound.”[7]

2 Likes

I feel like the forum could use a little (chocolate) Jesus right now :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll never argue that!

PS Elvira is topless on the cover of this album

3 Likes
1 Like

But isnt that a showgirl named “Jinx”? Elvira has nicer assets. I could be wrong

FUCK you’re right

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

He say that I’m good enough, grabbin’ my duh-duh-duh
Think about shit that I shouldn’t have

This ab soul tiny desk is so fire reminds me of mac miller or blu and exile

Early devo at their punkest

1 Like