Motivated intelligent person for hire

I’ve spent most of the past season fully immersing myself in the role of Hydrocarbon Extractor on a tiny farm in North San Juan, CA
I started with very minimal experience with Hydrocarbons. (I open blasted about 10 yrs ago) So zero experience with a closed loop…

In the past 8 months I’ve accomplished quite a bit I think. (At least my two friends who have performed extractions for several years are very impressed with how fast I grasped the concepts) Mostly thanks to this site, and countless hours of reading, researching and asking questions.

• I taught myself how to move and recover solvent through the system efficiently with minimal loss
  • Added CRC capabilities
  • Taught myself how to make super stable shatter (boring, ha)
  • Taught myself several different methods for crumble, batter, sugar and diamonds with horribly stored year old material. (Thank you CRC!)
  • Built a 400lb dry ice storage cooler
  • Built a “diamond oven” capable of different temps in the same oven with heated shelves.
  • Taught myself how to perform a hot hydrocarbon push to move solvent more efficiently in a passive system. (Still with minimal solvent loss)
  • Very recently upgraded the farms system from a 2lb column to a racked 15lb fully jacketed system, which I still run passive because my boss is too cheap to invest in N2.
  • Thus far, I’ve only processed over 200lbs of biomass. (Due to the tiny 2lb column)
  • I’m currently focusing solely on THC-a isolation, as that sells for more than the other extracts.

All of this in an off-grid setting on the top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere. I’ve basically drug this farm out of the dark ages entirely on my own, zero help (apart from the F42k community)
In fact, nearly every step of the way was met with resistance and ignorance on behalf of the farm owner.
Meanwhile, I maintained EVERY aspect of a 120 plant outdoor grow, built a 300sqft garage, replaced, or repaired everything broken on the farm from the garden beds and trellising to the irrigation and solar systems. (Not that I wanna do farm work ever again, the point being, I’m a switched on intelligent person capable of anything you put in front of me.)

All of which has been completely unappreciated by the farm owner. And my compensation for such has been a complete joke.

I am absolutely obsessed with extractions at this point.
I LOVE what I do in the lab.
I fully realize that my current extraction knowledge is not even a fraction of the tip of the extraction iceberg…
However, I want to continue growing and learning and working hard.
I would just like to be compensated appropriately and work with effective, honest, team players.
I very much prefer the West Coast, but I am totally willing to relocate.

You can hire me now, or recognize me as your competition in the future :wink:
Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

ok, step one. Don’t talk bad about your previous employer. That is a red flag

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from [Motivated intelligent person for hire]

Hey bro, shoot an email to Brittney@friendlyfarmsca.com

1 Like

Noted. Thanks for the tip, really.
Re-reading it again, I do kinda sound like a jerk.
I guess I only brought it up to further prove how far I came on my own… imagine if I worked with someone rather than in place of them.

1 Like

I’m doing that right now! Thank you! :pray:

yeah i wasn’t trying to be dickish about it whatsoever, simply trying to help

1 Like

Definitely! I didn’t take it that way at all!
Anyone in my position would be foolish not to take all the help they can get!
Much appreciated! :pray:

3 Likes

Ya you seem to speak highly of yourself and bad about ur boss when without him u wouldn’t have had a chance to learn anything. There is no pictures of ur work or a range in which you want to be paid. U talk about a larger system being introduced as if u played for it. I’m seeing entitlement and cockiness everywhere in this post.

3 Likes

Ouch, ha
You misspelled “payed” by the way…
I feel like with a little background you might get where I’m coming from.
I work on the kind of farm where if you get caught taking pictures of the operation, at the very least, you get fired immediately, collect your shit and go. So I don’t have any pics at the moment.
I don’t have a pay range, because I got thrown into this not knowing shit about shit. I was just a trimmer. I feel like in my situation I should get hourly and a percentage of profit. At least that’s what I’ve heard. I just make $20 an hour… I know that ain’t right!
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I should make in a legal lab, sorry.
I was just kinda throwin a line out because shit turned pretty bad on the farm for me recently.
I came back from visiting family for three weeks to find my tent collapsed from snow and all my shit inside soaking wet and molding. Had ta sleep in the nasty trim shack until I could wash and dry my shit out. Luckily there’s a spare tent on the farm…
Point is, my shit was all wrecked for almost three weeks while I was gone and my boss never mentioned it to me once. Although unable to notify me of all my belongings rotting on the ground, she’s able to send me pictures of her cat and videos of her son on a fucking scuba diving trip… She definitely knew what happened to my tent, she admitted it the other day.
She bought her original system because it was on sale from BVV, it sat around for a year before she even asked me to open the crate and “see if I could figure it out”.
She thought it came with butane, bro… She thought that little yellow n grey carbon tank was full of butane, and that it would be enough to run all of her trim from last season… Trim that had been stored in garbage bags in a hot garage…
She thinks “adsorbant” is a misspelling.
She dips her fucking WPM covered plants in milk and calls it good.
She told me that people will think the WPM is crystals!

She recently lit a fucking lighter right next to the closed loop while I was injecting solvent!

The list goes on man… Its kinda hard to bite my tongue… I can totally see the point in not talking shit about your previous employer. But holy fuck, if you met this lady… She’s insane…ha

I know I’m in a shitty situation and I should just go trim somewhere else, but I think my place is in a lab. Besides, if i just walk away before its all trimmed and weighed, I loose out on my percentage of the garden. That’s gonna be huge for me. I grew 120 plants with at least 3lbs of sellable nug on each, most 5 and more.
And I say, " I grew", because I was the only person who set foot in the garden from May until harvest. I’ve never grown outdoor before…
But shit, if I can get a legal job and not hafta worry about all the bullshit it might be worth it to skip out on that percentage, but I don’t know since I don’t even know what a legal lab dude makes! Ha, I know, ridiculous…
So, to be honest, I made this post in desperation and got a little excited. Yeh, it came off cocky, but shit man, I’ve dealt with a lot adversity on this farm, and still came out shinning. I guess I really only felt like mentioning my boss in the original post because yeah, I am a little bitter and its been a fight against ignorance this whole time, but I can only imagine how much we could accomplish if I were surrounded by effective and competent people…
Oh and no, I didn’t pay for the new system, but I did figure out who a US company’s Chinese supplier is, ordered it straight from them, negotiated the deal, handled all the communications and sorted out all the shipping and customs and bullshit saving the farm owner thousands… I even drove to pick it up from the port in The Bay.

And as it turns out, I’m just gonna do that all over again for a system of my own, get a spot and roll solo. Fuck a boss.
So I was for hire, but I’ll just hire myself instead.
I’ll send pics soon :kissing_heart: ha

Knowledge is power

1 Like

I’m sorry but this is the hard truth. Take these works in if you want to be more successfull

Ur missing the point. Trust me I’ve had wayyyy worse situations w employees then u had w your boss. I would never present them in a formal setting. No one wants hear that. Ur seeingit as a boss wouldbe worried your gonna talk shit. That doesnt bother a boss at all if they are successful. Hearing someone complain all daywould definitely be the problem.

As far as payment 20 an hour (after seeing you don’t listen and are still talking shit about ur boss,as well as still in contact w them) is legit seeing as there is no proof of your work and you’ve never invested anything. A percentage plus hourly is extremely entitled given ur presentation.

Referring to yourself as intelligent so many times (and pointing out grammatical errors) feels like ur trying to mask lack of social skills.

2 Likes

Man, I got ya. I know I’m wrong, I’m just stressed the fuck out, being an ass, getting defensive…
I know you’re just trying to help.
Point taken.
I got you the first time actually. Made me think a lot to be completely honest…
Sorry for bein a dick
I appreciate the lesson :pray:

1 Like