Most of the Delta-10 distillate in the market is just Delta-8

You have a KCA COA for me?

2 Likes

What if itā€™s isomerized with KOH instead of a strong acid like p-TSA?

2 Likes

KOH is a base though? Would act the same as an acid if were to be used in this process? They say itā€™s strongly alkaline because it comes from the ashes of fires apparently, so would that cause it to act like an acid in an isomerization attempt?
This seems like a great idea, and thanks for throwing it up because I learned some good shit!

1 Like

Iā€™m foggy on the science, but a buddy was talking about how CBD, methanol and KOH changes the chirality of isomerization to create D10 instead of D8 with a strong acid.

2 Likes

Oh WITH the acid! I read it as IN LIEU ofā€¦ It is interesting how the base donates the OH (I believe it is) so that might be why itā€™s passing over 8 and going to D10. Itā€™s all super interesting, but itā€™ll be knowledge I donā€™t think Iā€™ll every use. Still trying to decide on the Industry, or construction

2 Likes

Iā€™m far and away anything from knowledgeable on the subject.

My understanding from the literature is getting the cannabinoids into a super base and running cold, they ran at 0c. My guess is that reduces the undesired byproducts.

Wonder what KOH in the boiling flask during distillation would do

1 Like

I mentioned this last year.

Not sure what the outcome would be butā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Shiii mane Iā€™ll take all ya D-NuTZ. Whats that cannabinoid % :eyes:

Last post is koh in methanol

I cant confirm thatā€™s d10 though as Alex was mis identifying d10 and 6a10a till recently

3 Likes

Isomerization isnā€™t chirality

Acids donate protons, bases pull them

When we shift the double bond on d9, a hydrogen attaches which causes the d9 double bond to shift to the more stable d8 double bond position and another hydrogen pops off

This is why you can use a tiny bit of acid and make d8, the reaction will keep going till its stopped or an equilibrium is reached

D10 is made by pulling hydrogens

Specifically ones off the top carbon sticking out

This causes a chiral center and a chain reaction happens that shifts the double bond the opposite way

This same process on cbd makes d8 cbd (NOT cbd quinone)

This is a very basic breakdown

6 Likes

Ayyyyyy

Sorry, couldnā€™t help it

5 Likes

Like I said- second hand conversation on the science, not my own. Thanks for the explanation.

3 Likes

We mis identified a few samples for sure. But weā€™ve pretty much chased the source of those errors and what causes the mystery peaks in manufacturing

I donā€™t think you had any samples that turned out to not be d10 but maybe. Iā€™ll look again

2 Likes

I found the round we misidentified and we do know now itā€™s either not d10 or itā€™s a stereoisomer. Iā€™ll send you updates soon. 90% of our d10 tested has been accurate but these ones slipped by for sure

3 Likes

I actually found the last sulphur reaction I did, im going to send to KCA and you for testing

I dont think your patent is accurate tbh youā€™re not gonna make 6a10a without acid in there

2 Likes

This is SAD.

Our customers have been asking for it. There are people who say they have it but I just donā€™t trust it. If anyone DOES REALLY have it, would love to get a sample to do test and then buyā€¦ that as well as any other cool variations

1 Like

Iā€™ll send a d10 sample yā€™allā€™s way. Your sales rep told me yā€™all got hella people asking you for suppliers. Woulda sent stuff in a while back if I knew that

1 Like

Spare an extra sample? Iā€™ll test it for free if I can post the results on here.

10 Likes

Me as well. :raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

Would pay for samples. Please pm me