Most economical setup needed to produce crude

Hello ,
wanted ideas on options for extraction equipment needed to produce crude from 50 acre crop. just a bare bones set up all suggestions welcomed , also this farm is located in midwest \STL area if someone has a lab or knows of a good one . thanks and appreciate any and all help.

Gotta give some sort of a budget my friend. You could be anywhere from a large scale bucket Tek and a still all the way to a couple of centrifuges and a falling film.

I can hook you up with a lab in the Paducah, KY, area if that is not too far away.

Paducah isn’t that far (about 4 hrs) but it would be out of state and if I can stay within Illinois it would be best.

budget 50-80k, Is there a company that leases for the season? or better off looking for a good lab and rates to have lined up for next season?

Another consideration is if this needs to have the fire marshal signed off on it too.

For super budget and not permitted you could get a bunch of washing machines and a team of people dunking 2lbs at a time in 5 gal bubble bags in buckets.

I imagine you could do 10k lbs a week like that.

This might not be realistic for how much you have though, I imagine you have around 100k lbs from 50 acres right?

Then you could get a bunch of 50l rotos like this one, this model is only $4450 plus shipping.

For the chillers two of these window acs converted to chillers using large coolers and 50/50 auto antifreeze/distilled water with eco plus submersible pump would work for a dual coil 50l roto. I just use one with my 20l roto.

Now were talking.

1 Like

Here’s some math on time it would take with 4 of these running 8 hours a day and washing 4lbs biomass per gallon of ethanol with 100k lbs.

78 days with 4x 50l rotos, might be more realistic to build a falling film.

100k lbs / 4lbs per gallon = 25,000 gallons ethanol

25k gallons / 10 gallons per hour = 2,500 hours

2,500 hours / 4x 50l rotos = 625 hours each 50l roto

625 hours / 8 hr workdays = 78 days

2 Likes

I can get you a full lab doing 1,000 lbs a day by next week for 150k

2 Likes