Monthly vape cart sales in Oregon?

Does anyone know approximately how many vape carts are sold in Oregon each month (on average)? I am referring to sales inside the OLCC system.

Likewise: Does anyone know (approximately) the total gross sales for licensed vape carts sold in an average Oregon month?

If an educated guess, then what is the basis of your educated guess?

2 Likes

Product sales by category (inhalable products).

10 Likes

:heart_eyes:

thank you!!!

2 Likes

I must be missing something here. At this URL I see a data category called “Concentrate/Extracts” and a data category called “Inhalable Product with Non-Cannabis Additives.” Neither of these categories are the answer to my question.

What am I missing here?

Looks like vapes are lumped in to extracts, inhalable product with non-cannabis additives are just disty carts with botanical tsrps

1 Like

Have you tried reaching out to the OLCC to ask where they may have posted that specific data or if they even track it at all? May be that they aren’t actually collecting that data because it would be really hard to track without a separate category in Metc to provide that information.

3 Likes

This has more info but it costs

2 Likes

The OLCC cannabis sales datasets indicate that Oregon currently sells a bit more than $20M worth of Concentrates/Extracts each month. (Presumably this reflects dispensary sales, as opposed to wholesale sales.)

My best guess is that vape carts represent 25-40% of this $20M/month. Without additional information, I (somewhat) blindly assume it is closer to 25% than 40%.

What is your best guess on the fraction of Concentrates/Extracts that is represented by vape carts alone?

2 Likes

vapes represent way more than 25%, more like 60-75%

rosin is like 1%

6 Likes

Not that I know any better, but what is your 60-75% estimate based on?

2 Likes

Running a lab for the largest vertical in Oregon and going over the bds reports to design production that was in line with demand. I also know several distro owners but the most accurate snapshot you can get of the market today lies behind the paywall at bdsa

This was end of 2019. During pandemic sales of dabs went up a lot and vaoes went down a little. After pandemic dabs fell sharply and pens rose back to normal.

People had a lot of time at home and dabbing was more practical. Now that the world is back to regular people need more portable delivery methods

3 Likes

Also. Edibles aren’t counted in the bds figures I was looking at. If they are in the OLCC reports then 60-75 is way to high as edibles are more popular than extracts and gummies are the most popular SKUamongst edibles.

25 percent is probably way more accurate if edibles are in that figure.

they ARE…

and look to be LESS popular than “concentrates” on a $ spent basis.

note: these are the accumulated numbers since 2016, so it’s possible the situation looks different last month.

3 Likes

I was basing it off of some national average article I read a few months ago

Oregonians love flower like everyone else but not medibles so much apparently

That looks to be vapes and dabs combined which is also inline with what I was reading.

If you split the vapes out of the concentrates what do you think it would look like? You currently work in a olcc lab that does steady business what do you make most of?

1 Like