Montana processor license info needed

I was considering doing a lab in montana as a friend has land there.
I found this article about only in que peeps till june 2023. Does anyone have info about the thc license process there for legit op?

Much apprecited.
Im only medical in washington for time being

1 Like

They won’t allow any new licenses until after 2023, current licenses were given to providers who had already established prior to the recreational bill, so before November of 2020

They are trying to give the locals a chance to have their foot in the door before opening up to out of state and people looking to establish in newer recreational market.

Everything goes through the department of revenue now, so the enforcement and regulations have been increasing since rec started.

4 Likes

If it’s anything like the first few legal states, a bunch of those early licenses will fail or be hit with Cat 1 violations that force the sale or surrender of their license. When you see good locations go through settlement and stipulations, reach out and make them an offer.

Sites like https://www.420property.com/ will sometimes show some great stuff too.

2 Likes

Very nice. Ill keep an eye there .

So… With that being the case of not being in the que. Should a person apply and get in que for next round of liceensing or they just not accepting any till after 2023.

From my understanding the only que was to existing medical providers prior to November 2020.
After the 2023 deadline any application that meets the requirements will be processed and approved by the department in first come first serve style…

Montana isn’t like these other rec states, there are far less people here in general so I don’t think it’s going to be a huge rush of new applicants during that time as the market here is alot smaller, we have no major cities…

3 Likes

Like, maybe a million by now?

1 Like

@Dred_pirate I think its just over now

1 Like

Lol my friend and his wife just moved there . maybb a million and 2 now residing there

My friend just moved there and got lots of acreage and said prices bettwr than west coast for now :?
Less ppl higher prices most likely
I just had offer of using their property if it was licensed and legit

1 Like

Its a race to the bottom for prices…

The location of their property could make or break your deal in my opinion, being a lifelong resident the state is huge and the people are in certain areas, if your trying to be a processing facility 3rd party your likely going to want to be close to where the products are grown.

Most established facilities have in house processing so the market for 3rd party could go either way, especially if the ones who haven’t jumped the hoops can’t continue to keep licensed, or afford it.

It’s going to be an interesting next few years around here.

I used to live in mineral County in superior for a bit. There’s also not much money in Montana unless it’s up near Kalispell, at least when I was there

5 Likes

Yeah Kalispell is the new Bozeman, and bigsky has alot of $ but that place relies on Bozeman to keep it alive…

3 Likes

You would be surprised, lots of out of state money finding their way through the loop holes. This summer after the outdoor harvests come down and also being the first summer of rec in the state, we will really see the

especially with higher end products such as hash rosin.

Also very few margins on being a 3rd party processor. All the vertical integration of the medical market made all cannabis manufacturing easier and cheaper in house then what horizontal integration could have done. There are a few players out there but the ones I think doing the best are the ones who also have their own grows.