Molding thca w heat or pressure into shapes

That’s what I’m talking about…wonder if thca can be shaped so easily

Remember @Dred_pirate’s thca bears?

5 Likes

Done the exact same way huh…let me find em

1 Like

It says thca gummy bears…if he’d only not added the gummy it would fall under the category

1 Like

I want to try to make a clear puck of isolate and then use it as a giant seed crystal and see how the crystals grow for novelty.

4 Likes

I’m so ready to take every solvent possible and grow thca in it for novelty of the shapes it makes

1 Like

It’s just thca isolate melted into a gummy bear mold same as the stars I was talking about, not an actual gummy.

2 Likes

220-250f (crystalline takes more heat to melt) until clear then pull off heat and use a heat gun to pop the little bubbles on the surface to make it smooth.
I’ll do it in a mold next time but this is from when I made solventless diamonds

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wax or crystal precipitation?

These guys are the best in the game that I have seen…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRFSo8rL8dT/

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP31oSMBQ6r/

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNJA2D6hXIN/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is more like what I’m looking for.

I’m thinking a injection molder would probably work pretty well for this. I’m just worried that I’ll get air bubbles like the post above.

Typically injection molders use a hopper to feed the polymer pellets in to the machine to be melted. I’m thinking using an injection mold like this will probably give me air bubbles.

I’m thinking if the isolate were loaded into a cylinder and a vacuum was pulled, that would keep most of the air out of the equation so I won’t get bubbles when the isolate is melted and forced into a mold that’s had a vacuum pulled on it as well.

Put it in heat for short intervals, when you take it out press out the bubbles while it’s still malleable and you can get nearly all of them out. If quickly you add terps to em they won’t oxidize as easily

4 Likes

I’m not gonna smoke this, just trying to make a cool crystal. Gotta load the isolate au naturale. Can’t have anything volatile working it’s way in the crystal or I probably won’t get a clear rock.

Made some solventless diamonds tonight so I had some fun and molded some of the isolate

Isolate and the molds

For molds with small details I powder my isolate so it melts easier

Load up molds and put into your oven

Pull out of oven when just melted and flash the top of isolate with heat (those ceramic herb wand things work great) then remove from mold when cool

Enjoy

39 Likes

Super cool! Those came out really good.

What oven temp you use?

2 Likes

I use 240f to melt the isolate, works for me but I don’t mind staring at it as it melts. Like 230-260f is what I’ve seen most people use.

Too hot and it will decarb slightly and will be malleable

Too cold and it will bubble out the molds and get messy

Edit : I have heard of people doing it as high as 290f to flash melt bulk isolate till it’s clear then powder it and melt at like 230-260f in the molds which is the production way but i never make these so I just powder the isolate and melt not a big enough difference for me to do it that method for these small runs

13 Likes

can you make snowflakes?

One technique that will help you avoid bubbles and decarb, would be to use lower temps and preheat the mold before placing on a vibrating tray.

7 Likes

“Dilding apparatus” on a plywood saw horse table. --^

7 Likes