That penicillin OG

12 Likes

*Dabacillin

2 Likes

Fuck live resin
this is Alive resin

17 Likes

its corona cured live resin.

I had a batch of gummies a long time ago that molded up, looks similar. Ive never ever heard of concentrate molding.

0.2 micro (or probably 0.46 or so) should be enough to remove most microbial content. Thatā€™s the pore size for most sterile filters used in pharma for sterile filtering of things. It would have removed the baddies and might have removed most of the spores.

heating does this also (Super hot though). keeping things cold can help. And what the others are saying here is critical - most microbes need water to live. Thatā€™s why some states have water activity testing requirements. If its wet it makes it really hard to keep things from growing unless its cold.

Plus dabs = microbe food. so if you leave them in your stuff, give them enough water to reproduce (even a few % can do if its all in one spot), and keep them at a temperature that doesnā€™t inhibit growth then tada colonies form.

Do you have plants near the area you are storing this? I only ask cause it almost looks like cladisporium from your photoā€¦ and that can grow in all kinds of environments, and often comes from biological material nearby.

That would be coolā€¦cause at least it would be mostly non-toxicā€¦ even if it probably smells and tastes icky. At least it probably wonā€™t kill you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Damn. I recently got a 0.5um filter. Idek where to get a 0.2um filter. Iā€™ve been using 5um at the lowest lately.

I get mine from Sigma - for filter paper in many sizes for use on the benchtop. For filters already in a cartridge, I just made the request from the same company that provides cartridges for my lenticular filter, they were able to oblige.

Where did you get your 5 micron filter from?

1 Like

Probably the usual suspects:

1 Like

Well currently Iā€™m using a regular 5um gasket filter from USA Labs and a heavy I donā€™t know how many microns or where I got it from but itā€™s like a heavy duty 5 or 3 micron gasket filter thatā€™s thick enough to hold diatomaceous earth on top of and not have any go through.

I use like 3 of these before the heavy gasket : Buna-n Tri Clamp Gaskets 2500 Mesh (5 Micron) | USA Lab

I switched to the bvv weaved disks. I have a 1.5" 5um and 1um disk( https://www.ebay.com/itm/BVV-316L-Stainless-Steel-Dutch-Weave-Sintered-Filter-Disk-/303463192832) and I have sintered plates that Iā€™m waiting on so I can use them. Then thatā€™s gonna go to this 6" 0.5um end cap filter from hfs https://hardwarefactorystore.com/products/304-stainless-steel-6-tri-clamp-filter-plate-with-1-micron-filter1um

2 Likes

Not nearly as exciting as an infected batch of beerā€¦

These ainā€™t mineā€¦

10 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Kahm yeast?

When running sour beers thatā€™s typically a preferred sight; conventional beers not a welcomed sight. Thatā€™s brett yeast forming a pellicle layer on top.

As far as the original post, Iā€™ve seen this happen only once to some concentrate. Itā€™s prob a combo of moisture content, contaminated biomass and loose filtration. Iā€™d say the biomass is the biggest factor. Oddly enough everything was run on dry ice and ethanol baths but spores are hard core tough.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot to contributeā€¦

Never seen real mold, but once when pouring out a cls run, I had a few fat drops of water fall into my dish. It was condensate dripping off one of my spools.

The batch seemed fine, was crashing out, but when I looked through the bottom of the dish toward a light, I could see a few clear pockets of water.

After two weeks or so, I used a needle and syringe to try and extract the pockets. I indeed ended up with water in the syringe, which I deposited onto a wipe. Although it was not overpowering, the bit of water clearly smelled foul. For what itā€™s worthā€¦

2 Likes