Modern Waxpens/Waxmods

The Yocan evolve XL Plus rips pretty hard, The closest i’ve had to a real dab. Its got a little screw on container on the bottom for your concentrates and the coils last a long time.

2 Likes

They rip but not comparable to these all glass styles that your concentrate never touches a coil. I have used the Evolve XL Plus since it came out. Pretty sure they are the only ones that make a 4 coil. I had been using the new Yocan Regen with 3 coils but now mostly use the quartz atomizers for on the go. At home its dab rig all day every day.

2 Likes

I have the Divine V4 Crucible and the quartz quest which I like better. The Pulsar APX Volt is my fav of these style atomizers for on the go. I mostly smoke live resin and live diamonds with terp sauce and the hits taste so much better then the traditional coil style. As CM mentioned def more of a PITA as you have to Q-tip every few hits or so. You gotta waste it to taste it and to me taste is more important than wasting it.
https://www.pulsarvaporizers.com/collections/apx/products/pulsar-apx-volt

1 Like

Yeah, for on the go I just decarb diamonds, add terps, then fill carts.

These things seem cool, but they’re too much effort. Trying to use one for a dab rig would be awful imo.

I mean it does say to only use a dab the size of a grain of rice lol, that won’t cut it for me personally. I take .2g dabs approximately.

V3 is not comparable to the V4 and Not muchy better than a Yocan ceramic donut as that’s what it is. I have run my own business for the past 21 years and not retail where I see people so I been smoking all day every day and my tolerance is high and I get baked using these style. If you haven’t tried all glass atomizer that your concentrate never touches a hot coil then I highly suggest you try. I don’t like carts and I make mine the same way with no cut or nasty distillate. I agree they aren’t for everyone for some more work then they are worth but for me I am a terp whore flavor chaser and nothing beats them on the go for this purpose.

3 Likes

The v3 absolutely has the all quartz cup. Can’t find it now, but it does.

Nope, I’m an idiot. It was the v2

This is the one I have

Yep that’s the quartz quest. This is the V3 that I thought you had
Divine Crossing Version 3 Rebuildable Ceramic Donut Diffuser - Divine Tribe

1 Like

You thought I had it because I’m a dummy lol. My bad.

Buut back on topic! For dabs, I’d strongly recommend an enail and a SiC dish over these things.

Much less work, and they hit like a champ.

2 Likes

I can get a monster hit with the bubbler attachment. I use it when I don’t feel like breaking out the glass rig enail with the cord. This is cordless LOL

4 Likes

Matt from DT is coming out with a SiC crucible for the V4 and QQ. You can also pull off the stock crucible and put a 25mm insert on the heating element with the bottomless banger I’m using

That’ pretty sweet

I take it that has a bigger quartz cup than the older versions I was referring to? It looked like it from the pictures I was seeing?

In the first pic from left to right is the V4 Ti, the QQ and the V4 quartz minus the base. The v4 is much bigger

1 Like

How many hits does that mod give before it needs a recharge?

You got my curiosity going haha, it looks like they’ve made some good progress since I’ve last tried these things.

How big of a dab have you done on these things?

50mg or so seems ideal, 100mg is where I would start to worry about running over the cup. With the single battery mod I charge it every day with heavy use, might swap the battery out once. With the bigger mod(3x VTC6 18650) it lasts a couple days of moderate to heavy use

1 Like

Yes def bigger and that mod last long before dead battery.

1 Like

Comparison of sizes. My boy Marco the 12yr old Italian Greyhound is jacked and not on roids. He eats all natural home cooked food since a puppy and never been to the vet except for puppy shots. Then I decided no vaccinations ever. He runs like a young dog very fast. I know off topic but if you pet owners knew the garbage you where feeding your pets you might think twice.

8 Likes