Mobile Terp Processing

If anyone has crop that’s getting ripe in the field
with no where to go, we’ve got an option for you here in Oregon. Live terpenes! We come to you and process on site.Splits available.
If interested, hit me up. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Tell us more. How are you processing? What utilities do you need onsite? What’s your anticipated yield? What does it look like when you leave?

9 Likes

Can I watch?

12 Likes

Steam distillation. Need a water source & a place to dump the condensate. Processed material will be left behind, most likely for compost. Fairly labor intensive, % of split depends on who provides what labor. Yields vary, mainly dependent on input material quality.

2 Likes

Does this mean your entire crop can only go to terpene production? No cannabinoids can be collected and the biomass just goes to compost?

1 Like

Hit the biomass after with some high pH water to pull the acidic cannabinoids?

(I demand 5% if I’ve now updated their business model)

6 Likes

Good call. I identified the problem, that’s an easy 3%

2 Likes

After its steamed for terps there’s little if any acidic cannabinoids remaining. It’s basically sopping wet mush.

There’s plenty of ways to dry the material after to run it for crude but the current cost of CBD doesn’t make that venture very enticing. So most terped material gets composted.

6 Likes

Sounds like you’re maybe doing things in the wrong order?

Do a wash with pH water first. Then steam after?

1 Like

You were the one that said “hit the biomass after” so I was only replying to that. Personally if I want to pull CBDa and terps I just run it for HTE which has a better flavor profile overall.

3 Likes

Uploading: IMG_6689.MOV…