Mixing trim to make different/new strains

Does anyone mix trim from 2 different strains pre-extraction to make “something new”? We have 50+ strains and have made every consistency from every strain multiple times. We have done a few mixes of some of our best strains and they always come out amazing. Was just curious if anyone does this or have done this.

1 Like

Yeah I usually mix the old ones no one wants and call it a new hype name like permanent marker or sherblatto

7 Likes

Ya totally. One of my favorites was mixing super lemon haze and strawberry c99 and it 100% tasted like strawberry lemonade.

4 Likes

Nope. Nobody would ever dream of doing that

Nobody makes mixed greens nor sativa salad either.

3 Likes

The extractor’s game of whack a mole.

3 Likes

I don’t think all terps necessarily go together. At least in certain % based ratios. Some smell great before and after they are mixed, while some resemble a shart when mixed. Guess that’s what r and d is for…just can’t remember where I put my journal.

12 Likes

Of course we mix all of our floor sweepings together.

Yum yum.

4 Likes

I usually try to leave the mixing to the extracted ingredients. Perfer to extract, smell my ingredients then formulate.

7 Likes

That is what we do as well.

Usually we sample some extract and test blend them together as homework to ensure the mixed strains are actually complimentary to each other.

4 Likes

Unless something said strain specific, I’d assume it was a mix. It’s neither here nor there…Some mixes are outstanding…Some deliberateness in your mixes would be smart. But, yes, mixes are a reality of the industry…

Well yea we mix our floor nugs for crude, I was just talking about certain strains that just go good together or that have the same terpenes for dabbable batches.

Rooster with caramel og 25/75 makes some nice gassy pancake syrup flavor/smells always loved that

Blr and any sour cross does nice things too

1 Like

You guys ever just throw dried or frozen fruit on top of your fry or frozen biomass?

Cup winning tech right there boy

3 Likes