Mixing MCT flavoring and Terpene profiles together?

Terpenes are great for getting your carts to taste like weed while adding some cognitive effects to your THC. MCT-based flavoring is great for getting your carts to taste like root beer or hot dogs or whatever else you can think of. But what if I want a little of both worlds?

Maybe by mixing both MCT and terps we can get the rich artificial flavors of MCT combined with the weed aromas and cognitive effects of terps. Anyone ever done this effectively?

People were using mct for cut since way back

I don’t think those flavors with mct as a carrier oil are made for vapes…

5 Likes

I think I’ve seen vape flavoring with MCT as a carrier before but maybe I’m mistaken.

Otherwise how do people get those rich flavors like “sweet blue raspberry” or “root beer” you usually only find in pg/vg vapes?

Majority of ejuices use pg, vg, water, and some use small amounts of triacetin, ethyl alcohol, and 1,3 propanediol is what I’ve seen used for carriers.

Mct flavors(or any oil soluble flavors really) are more meant for tinctures or topicals not for inhaling

4 Likes

Wont those crash out and make the distillate cloudy or if they’re homogenized should it be fine?

Sorry was only referring to ejuices aka pg/vg vapes and the carriers used (note mct flavors aren’t typically used in pg/vg vapes), my comment doesn’t apply to distillates.

Edited to make that more clear

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. The question still stands now…

I’ve had distillate vapes before that tasted extremely sweet and similar to candy, sodas, or fruit. Am I mistaken in thinking this isn’t possible with terpenes?

There are always ways to modulate flavors, the ejuices scene has lots of info on it that can/has been adapted to cannabis vapes.

Example would be using ethyl maltol for adding a sweet flavor (too much gives a cotton candy flavor)

If you want it to taste like say a root beer ejuices why not use the same flavor concentrates used in vapes (ex. root beer flavor from one on one flavors)

2 Likes

May ask you kindly to not use MCT oil?

It’s not intended for inhalation, as the other folks have communicated. The products you see using MCT are bad products, and generally… of the “gas station dick pill” caliber of product. The folks selling MCT vape bases are unethical and not concerned with what their consumers are consuming.

Those flavors are only going to appeal to a certain type of consumer, but as SpousalPainter8 says, there should more professional sources of ejuice flavoring that will not contain MCT.

4 Likes

I want to use flavor concentrates used in ejuices, just worried about them crashing out / not mixing properly.

Do some experimenting, avoid the pg/vg and mct based carriers…

One of the best forums for vape juice (that uses a similar UI as f42k for their forum) has threads (including Google docs) of what flavors contain alcohols, what alcohols they contain, a thread with a list of flavorings that are just alcohol based carriers, and tons of recipes.

Obviously you will have to figure out how to remove most of the alcohol if you decide alcohol is the carrier you need…

If it give ya some confidence I’ll say it can work, some flavors better than others, but the residuals can be iffy depending on the carrier and sop…do ya testing for residuals…

1 Like

Thank you a ton for the help. I’m gonna do some reading on there :slight_smile:

Right now all the equipment I got is a magnetic hotplate stirrer, some glass / plastic syringes of various sizes, and empty carts. Think I can at least properly mix together flavor concentrates / terps and disty with that?