Mixing live soil

The dolomite lime is for that, I’ll be sure to get crab feed.

1 Like

I use Langbenite as an amendment when mixing soil. I have not had any issues with Potassium deficiencies since I added it to my mix. Roots Organic has a nice bat guano (super phos) 1-14-0 that is also a great addition. I mix that super phos and bio-live with some Humic Acid and Kelp meal when making compost teas during flowering.

Down To Earth’s Langbeinite 0-0-22 is a naturally mined crystalline mineral that supplies the water-soluble sulfate form of three vital plant nutrients: potassium, magnesium and sulfurs. It’s maximum chlorine content is less than 3.0 percent, minimizing the potential for fertilizer “burn,” and it’s neutral pH does not alter soil activity.

Potassium contributes strongly to overall plant health by regulating internal processes. Since potassium makes up part of the fluid of the plant, it is found throughout plant tissue, meaning plants need a strong source of potassium as they grow. Potassium deficiencies lead to weak stalks and immature roots, leaving the plant susceptible to insects.

DTE Langbeinite 0-0-22 is widely used on sensitive vegetables and fruit crops that require high fertilization rates but do not tolerate high levels of chlorine or soluble salts. This standard grade langbeinite has a typical SGN of 95 and is an excellent source of readily available sulfur, potassium and magnesium.

6 Likes

i didnt get it to work and ended up using nutes too. Ill blame it on chlorine in my water? I still havebig bags of all the organics. thinking back it was dank ass buds- crescendo and sweet insanity. crescendo is the loud part of a song- smelt it from a block away??? People would walk dogs past and hold thieir nose Im sealed and scrubbing now vs exhausting out the filter

2 Likes

The only thread needed for organics. This where coot and all of us mashed things out 10+ years ago.

2 Likes

Is anyone using actual dirt? I have spots of soil that are rotted hay and cow manure, looks like coffee grounds, grows giant trees with no fertilizer. I could dilute it with about 2/3 perlite and vermiculite. Generally one is not supposed to use actual soil in a container, but I might have an exception to that rule. I would gather it in winter to minimize bugs. Weed seeds sprout in it like chia, but they can be pulled.

1 Like

I’d just call that top soil tbh. Sounds pretty healthy.

That’s with no fertilizer or irrigation. But it may be too rich to use indoors. An alternative method would be to make an aerated tea with it, and then water with that into a worm castings and perlite/vermiculite mix, idea being to extract, culture, and transplant the bio activity through the tea. I will have to try it both ways.

One amendment I never see anyone talk about is composted cannabis itself. I know from letting piles of hemp stems rot that it makes a spot that then grows huge plants. Hemp is so worthless these days that it might best be used as a fertilizer.

4 Likes

You cannot pile cannabis leaves on top of each other fresh without adding brown stuff and expect it to not rot and be gross
But adding healthy cannabis leaves to compost is amazing, just like adding kelp and crab mean and fish bone meal to the worm bin or compost pile

1 Like

I used to use cootz mix plus 1/4c alfalfa and 1/4c fishbone meal per foot

1 Like

I was planning on adding healthy leaves as well I already do it with leaves that fall off plants, i toss em on the soil

:spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon:
1)Make lactic acid bacteria serum
2) order some “organic beet root juice powder”
3) make the beet root juice
4) add a little lactic acid bacteria serum(a few tablespoons per gallon)

Check the PPM and dilute as you want and do foliar or drench.
That is organic bioavailable phosphorus and other shit, no nitrogen, and micronutrients.
I think it could very easily be the same color and end result as that pink powder fuck-farm used to (maybe still does)use(d)

4 Likes

Screenshot_20210807-171435~2

1 Like

Plan on using leveling sand in my mixture as well to help with bugs.

Whats a good thread pointing to a natural homemade safe pest management for outdoors specifically for veg?

When making teas or fermented extracts, it’s always good to use the part of the plants involved with the life cycle- roots for generative, leaves and stems for veg, fruits for flowering.

4 Likes

To a certain extent

soil works in a container= it may not yield like proper soilless but it also may grow itself.

1 Like

I have pots

ive put leaves in my worm bin which is indoors next to the garden. I wonder if thats where the pm started. my worms were weak and didnt compost really fast and died? I think I didnt feed them enough scraps but I did have pounds of pot leaves? I wonder if my weed is toxic? I doubt it, it was me not feeding the worms enough because i have little veg waste other than pot leaves. they lived good for over a year but then I had extended periods with no veg waste.

1 Like

I make “fermented plant juice” FPJ with the leaves. I use it to feed my plants once every other week along with vinegar and OHN

3 Likes

I’ll probably dabble in that. For rn jus gonna mix in cut up green leaves for flower.

Gonna have my indoors take salts with normal black gold soil and outdoors live soil as organic as possible with pH balanced water, probably gonna need to de chlorinate my tap too, no clue how to do that though.

1 Like