Mixing CDT or HDT advice

I’ve been tinkering around since like 2017 with the terps… I used to heat up my thca diamond oil (after slight decarb) to easily mix terpenes in…kinda lazy rushed process…

CDT & HDT extremely sensitive to heat and we shouldn’t do this!!!

Distillate usually much easier to mix terps in at room temp. At first it’s hard…and starts to gel up a bit … Grabs onto your tool…keep mushing it and mixing…eventually it will break down into a thinner viscosity.

OVERSTAND y’all…when it comes to vapes…VISCOSITY matters a lot!!! You can still achieve high vapor production at low temps IF your viscosity is on point.

annnnnd if you don’t use any heat the terps will taste AMAZING!!! (If your getting real ones that is)

You don’t gotta like the post…I know this will help a bunch of ppl. :grin: I know some ppl already know about this but many don’t. And I just wanted to share the good info.

Also…BOGUS REPLICA TERPS SUCK!!! Real CDT can NOT be replicated. :nerd_face: *Had to throw that in. Peace and a bottle of CRC grease

1 Like

You can make vapes out of ANY good cannabis concentrates…(the ones w/o plant material that is)

SOLVENTLESS, (freeze dried rosin…flower won’t work as well b/c too much fats, waxes, lipids, chlorophyll present…gives off that nasty burnt vibe after a few hits)

Thca diamonds (my fav) just decarb it down some…(there will STILL be thcA present…some ppl think you gotta decarb all the thcA to THC to achieve lower viscosity…NOT TRUE)

IF you have good terpenes (CDT or HDT) you can break viscosity down. But you have to decarb it enough where it won’t re-nucleate or resolidify.

Shatter works too.

Fine line. Anyways hope this helps someone. :sunglasses::surfing_man::nerd_face:

So where is your sweet spot for thca/thc ratioms in carts?

2 Likes

Best advice is do a single gram mixes to test.

There’s so many variables… Real cannabis derived terps vary from cultivar to cultivar imo. But not much of a swing 1% give or take…

If I had to give a num id say
5%-10% for CDT …depends
(I know that’s a big gap…many variables)

some hemp terps are super loud though…you can get it done with 1%-4%. Same exact oil.

And definitely depends on your base liquid viscosity and preference.

Distillate you don’t need as much as you would with like a solventless no heat mix

Let’s say you got the decarb perfect on other oils:

Swim made some distillate vapes at 5% good extra loud at 8%-10%

Shatter
5% good -extra loud 8%-10%

Decarbed thca diamond oil
good at 7% extra loud at 10%

S.H.O. at 10% super loud at 12%
(NO HEAT at all mix)

These all depend though. Many variables… I do have some HDT that I could do all of them much lower.

I have a BAOX x OTTO2 that could do all these from 1% to 4% being extra loud.

That’s HDT :thinking: much cheaper too…but I just prefer the CDT flavors…puffing on some blueberry haze rn…trying out d8 :grin: I like it. Lol I never thought I’d say that…but it’s nice.

1 Like