Minnesota Legalizes THC Products Starting Today

How has this not been posted yet? Looks like you can circumvent the two existing medical licensees and make+sell D9 products to just about any grocer, convenience store, liquor store, etc.

If anyone’s involved, let us know what’s happening in the market - I want to see if the medical licensees (GTI+Verano) try to compete, how prices evolve, etc. It’ll end up being a good case study for the rest of the country.

13 Likes

I posted about it on the D8 legal actions thread. I’m a licensed processor here in MN, this is kind of like our little small scale experiment in legal weed. I’m doing R&D on hemp derived D9 with alcl3 right now. Exciting stuff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ayo! I just ordered some! Would love to hear a yay or nay about viability if you’ve run it.

I haven’t sent off for testing yet just been fucking around with some homemade AlCl3 and different solvents/reaction times. Heptane and toluene so far. I’ll let you know when I have data!

My buddy is involved and about to release products, seems that there is only 1-2 companies allowed to white label ( he’s doing gummies and drinks) these products and the prices are very expensive. His lawyers say the state will revisit the law next yr, kinda sounded like another OKC with a shorter clamp down time frame and a higher barrier to entry but an open gate if you can pay

How’s the market going thus far?

1 Like

Here’s the latest details on Minnesota legalization:

https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2023/apr/19/minnesota_verge_marijuana?emci=90101c18-5de0-ed11-8e8b-00224832eb73&emdi=6515804d-a8e2-ed11-8e8b-00224832eb73&ceid=1570314

4 Likes