Miles-Beyond and Heisenberg run iLLnyeTheShatterGuy and others D8 SOP in real time?

@Roguelab, I’ve had that MgS04 for almost a year and still haven’t tried this addition. Hopeful it works as youve described. I’ll run it tomorrow.

4 Likes

I didn’t want to hijack the thread so sent you a pm detailing my reaction.

1 Like

Well if used a bit it slows down the rxn with minimal yield gain
When used a lot 1/2 of the cbd weight half way reflux time it give s less D9
When used in it s own it even makes D8 in decent yield
Long story short it doesn t do what I want it to do Wich is a high D9 synthesis
But it shows the influence salts can have on the run and we should continue the search

5 Likes

That exact there is to me the obvious way to do it; PhMe forms an (lower boiling point) azetrope with water and the water removed from the system with a Dean-Stark type of contraption.

1 Like

you keep saying that without ever giving proof.

I hope you have better luck than I did. After 2hrs at 50C it didn’t really react at all. I washed and stored RXN solution in a bucket and all the cbd crashed out.

1 Like

Running anhydrous?

1 Like

Yes, we used anhydrous MgSO4

1 Like

Sir, can you tell me the reaction time and temperature in the reactor in this process? and the ratio of the quality of poly to the quality of CBD, thank you very much!

We have come to find out that is not the best pathway for D9 due to the byproducts created with the poly and ethanol

2 Likes

Is it a carcinogenic by-product?

2 Likes

Among other things…

Can’t remember off hand but I know a few others have identified some highly unwanted byproducts.

2 Likes

ok, thank you!

1 Like

Phosphoric with heptane also?

1 Like

That I never did try…

This place is filling up with reddit style new members. Anyone with more info on the byproducts created from phosphoric acid reactions in an alcohol should post the specifics if possible

3 Likes

I do know someone said mutagens was listed… maybe @Roguelab or @AlexSiegel can chime in.

2 Likes

Damn i really loved the color, of phosphoric on ethanol nice and golden…

2 Likes

I feel like there are ways to remove any alkylating agents created through the interaction of alcohols and poly. I’m assuming then that the issue here is more complex and involves other byproducts.

@Roguelab save us from ourselves!

1 Like

I knew ptsa and ethanol could, do that but was unaware phosphoric and ethanol also creates alkylating agents. Chromatography? Hot condensertek?