Micron sizes for CBD , CBG , THC

So lets get back to the topic…

Can we guage resin with micron sizes?

It seems like so much variables are at play from genetics, environmemt, nutrients that would have a impact it would not be some standard…

Like Purple Kush = 80 micron…

I think this is flawed! :frowning:

All resin has to be prescreened and tested and or measured for accuracy…

Any thoughts?

It could make sense. But, I do know cannabinoid production and trichome density are also related to UV light exposure. I believe UV light also creates larger trichomes and I would imagine that the contents of those trichomes would be largely dependent on the genetics of the plant. Just some speculation, there’s a lot that could be happening there.

I dont think you can really use micron size when talking about trichromes, they will vary in size and will contain a bunch of different molecules in each one.

However you can break it down to individual molecule weight or dalton size for each cannabinoids, also very important to know when dealing with membranes.

CBD=314.47
THC=314.47
CBG=316.48
CBDa=358.48
THCa=358.48

(APPROX)
Fats Lipids=450-600
Smaller terpenes=150
Chlorophyll=890

Common Solvents
H2O=18
MeOH=32
ETOH=46
Hexane=86
Heptane=100

Edit: to fix the rounded numbers for mw.

3 Likes

CBD and THC have the exact same molecular weight btw. Same for CBDa and THCa.

Everything I find online states a slightly different weight between the two.

Care to share your source saying they are the same?

Wikipedia.

Well thanks, it looks like its essentially a rounding error, wikipedia doesnt round numbers by pub chem and a few other sources round up.

Wikipedia doesnt list CBDa either so im sure i used another source to confirm.

Well GW stated in one of their papers that CBC actually forms in smaller bulbous trichimea as I remeber 10nm?..

Being minor when the giant capitates sesiles grow as they are anywher from 50-100nm… It would be remarking that CBG would have a different morphology than other chemotypes, and very usefull probaly… From whats known for now(please enlighten me if im behind), is still the notion that chemotypes are formed in oleoresin mixture of terps+cbx+ketones and some other secondary metabolites in the trichome head wich admits metabolites from the sequestration point below the head in the stalk?
Cherrs, to that sift looking scrumptious!

1 Like

UV affects the composition rather than %