Michigan Statue Updates - THC Isomers Under MRA

Probably the conversation is already going but I didn’t see anything recent in the search results - last week Gov. Whitmer signed into law HB 4517 - which amended the definition of THC to include structural, optical, or geometric isomers of THC whether artificially or naturally derived. There is a special provision for compounds that are viewed as not having a potential for abuse.

According to the bulletin from the MRA - these changes go into effect for all D8 products on 10/11/21. Perhaps there will be lawsuits - I haven’t seen anything stopping these changes.

There is a process to get permission to do R&D from the MRA to do this kind of work with “new” products like D8 and other conversions. It will, however, require you to be an in-state licensed MRA Processor on the MED or AU side of things.

Anyone in Michigan impacted by this? I’m opening an adult use facility alongside my cultivation here in the next couple of months and I’m open to working with members of the community who might be interested in these kinds of partnerships.

8 Likes

Yes I am impacted by this and I’m looking at moving to our facility in Wisconsin, but I’m also interested in potential partnerships in Michigan.

Interesting. I need to read it :male_detective:

If a new cannabinoid is identified thats psychoactive its only regulated by this new bill if its a type of THC - and has potential for abuse??

THC-V regulated by 4517
CBD-V not regulated by 4517
Like this?

Sounds like more MCMA lobbying and fearmongering

2 Likes