Michigan operators distillate pricing

1100 for machine trim?

Wtf? I paid (3yrs back) 100/lb for hand trim.

6 Likes

Iā€™m talking about licensed AU trim.

can confirm. metric prices in MI are nuts.

6 Likes

Damn.

1 Like

Is there any Michigan operators on here able to remediate out Bifenthrin and cypermethrin? I have 58 liters in metric that failed for those.

1 Like

Boiling point of roughly 453c, but a flash point of 165c; so low and slow distillation may help a little bit with this but unfortunately the flash point is right in the cannabinoid boiling point range so you will get minor co distillation.
its not very soluble in water; so water washes wont do much.
however magsil filtration is fairly good at removing it.

boiling point of roughly 220; couldnt find data on a flash point.
simple low and slow distillation may help reduce.
insoluble in water.

with the above information; your best bet is to disolve in a solvent of your choice (id recommend heptane) and filter through a multimedia column packed with; magsil PR - AC - Celite - B80 - T5.
water wash the filtrate to rebalance PH proceed to solvent recovery and redistill low and slow.

hope this helps;

8 Likes

How badly is it polluted?

Thank you for the great and detailed info!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll check the COAS tomorrow

1 Like

Itā€™s not nearly as bad as Illinois (itā€™s probably the 4th easiest state to get licensed in), but yeah local licensing has been pretty sketchy. They actually kept out public companies until last year which was nice, but havenā€™t heard good things about the local chains like Pharmaco, etc.

There will be opportunities for operators with lower capital to enter - check out the Detroit licensing round happening in a few months. Definitely hoping to win a few for the smaller guys.

4 Likes

Itā€™s sure easier now than when they first started licensing dispensaries, but itā€™s still moving at the speed of government. I know 3 people waiting, one of them just needs a final inspection from the state theyā€™ve been waiting on for more than 6 months.

I was just at an MRA licensed facility on Friday for a consult and they were paying $1200 a lb for trimā€¦

TRIM

They started buying mold positive bud at 2k a lb and running it. But even then, The size of the buds were popcorn sized (what I would normally process anyways). It was said to see the decline of quality.

The growers are putting it to the processors because of what the dispensaries did to the caregivers for years (not paying more then $1500 a lb for top shelf buds). Plus, the taxes.

OH GOD, THE TAXES!!!

6 Likes

Can also confirm

1 Like

At 85% purity I was seeing prices at about 25-30k a couple weeks ago when I was asking around, for METRC legal distillate.

Also for the guy who had bifenthrin and cypermethrin issues, DM me. @Lion1307

Iā€™m in Michigan and if I canā€™t do it myself (due to our own capacity issues), I should be able to help you do it.

2 Likes

How much do you think we could get for some >99% TAC?

3 Likes

I mean, it seems that the most important aspect is the delta 9 potency for final product formulation so if we say that 85% (delta 9 THC) is going at $30,000 per liter we can just do some simple math:

At 1L being equal to 1kg for all intents and purposes (I realize this isnā€™t the case) then we have 850g of THC being worth 30,000$, so 30,000/850 = $35.29/gram of THC when talking about distillate.

2 Likes

the supply chain is all fucked up in michigan.
tons of weight came in from the west when it was ā€œeasyā€ to get it into metrc. now its not and good biomass is hard to find.
we were selling our trim at upwards of 1100$ (to super happy processors) because of the high quality returns.
we are getting a 70-30 split (or better) on processing if we want products back.

tons of outdoor at all the processors right now so get ready for the ā€œlive resinā€ wave to hit.
would love for prices to get more reasonable but its all supply and demand.
i see clean AU liters on leaflink for 15-25K all the time, they also sell quick.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thatā€™s why I specified TAC, wasnā€™t sure if you meant THC or overall potency.

I thought so, which is why I wanted to be specific in my reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

where are prices at? should they be going up with planting season going on with outdoor grows?