Michigan, COVID-19 and processors.... may need your help.

I’ve been in talks with Gina Allesandri from MDARD about what us as a community can do to help our first responders and hospitals with PPE. After researching the new company out of Ohio sterilizing masks (using hydrogen peroxide), I thought we have the equipment in this industry to do it. Tossing around centrifuges, vac ovens, and either iso, etoh, or hydrogen peroxide to sterilize gowns, masks, etc.

Gina has contacted her sister who works for Beaumont Hospital who then talked to the CNO of Beaumont. We are trying to figure out a way to go to get this started.

Sourcing materials will be the hardest… including iso, etoh, or hydrogen peroxide in bulk. Hydrogen peroxide seems to be the safest bet to use because of its non toxicity and that’s it’s proven to destroy the Rhinovirus (which is harder to kill then the Coronavirus).

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Acetone can be hydrogenated to yield very pure isopropyl.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of bulk hydrogen peroxide would be the best bet… it’s just sourcing it in copious amounts.

It can be reused, could run in washing machines even…

1 Like

Hydrogen peroxide will probably be the easiest to get at the moment. How much do you think you guys would need? What concentration? I can check with all of our chemical manufacturers and see what they have.

2 Likes

At least 3%… higher then that would be a bonus.

4 Likes

Grow green probably has 5 gallon buckets of 30% H2o2. Each one would make 50 gallons of 3%.

4 Likes

I think they’re like $100 a bucket.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talkin about!

This will work! If we can spread the word, we can stop this shortage of PPE for our hospitals and first responders.

2 Likes

I’ll reach out to them… if anyone else has connections, reach out to em! We have a chance to save lives and give peace of mind to the ones that are putting their lives on the line to save our loved ones

1 Like

@Future I know you’ve got connections. What do ya say? Spread the word!!!

It looks like BDH also has over 30 x 20L of the 30% w/w if you wanted to go with 30% and make 3%. Doesn’t look like Ricca has much. I’ll keep checking around and see if i can come across any drums.

1 Like

Mixing the 30% with distilled water at a 10:1 ratio would work beautifully.

1 Like

Feel free to DM me for leads. I’ll provide some resources.

Maybe do 9/1 just to make sure

1 Like

I know nothing about hand sanitizer, but I know Bud’s Hydro in Monroe had barrels of solvents including ISO and Ethanol. If you do need help, we have a hemp lab and access to lots of various equipment. Everyone in my family either works in healthcare or is a teacher so we will do everuthing we can to help.

2 Likes

Read the Battelle Emergency Use Authorization and associated docs.

3 Likes

I’m in Jackson MI I have 6 barrels of 35% h2o2 that I use for cleaning up conversions; if you can link me with someone I’d gladly dilute and bottle a bunch of it to donate.

9 Likes

I imagine you won’t need as much as you think, especially if you start purchasing the highly concentrated versions then diluting into distilled water

1 Like

I’m still early on in my degree but I’m pretty sure you can make H2O2 with energy,air and water like in this video

2 Likes

I’m still waiting to hear back from Mark Deacon. Guess they are going to see about getting FDA clearance

1 Like