Mega crop nutrients?

Yeah, switched to jacks not too long ago once @AgTonik mentioned the cheap humic in mega crop.

Not quite as easy as you got going, but not too much trouble.

Edited because I was wrong on the type

6 Likes

I’m out of likes today or I’d throw you yet another one.

I’m going to nitpick on the science for just a second. Megacrop contains humic acid which is long-chain, needs to be broken down to be available, and precipitates at low pH levels. It is only suitable for long-term soil building. Fulvic acid is short chain, immediately soluble and is available at ALL pH levels. It is suitable for drench, foliar and hydroponics. I only use fulvic start to finish and kelp just at flip for biostimulants. Just thought I would clarify a minor point.

7 Likes

I think there has been bigger. It was airy big ole long colas

5 Likes

I switched back to gh :+1:

2 Likes

I used GH my first couple grows and liked it a lot. Since then i’ve been using Dyna-Gro’s line up. I think you could get great results with just 1 bottle, their Foliage Pro, in a lot of situations. Coupled with AGT-50 I’m really happy and they are getting really stinky. I don’t know if it is just the genetics but the buds i’m growing with dyna-gro vs what I grew with GH is crazy. I definitely notice the benefit of their silicate product too. I have never had the honor of trying Power Si or anything but I know Pro-TeKt is way fuckin cheaper lol. AGT-50 definitely seems to be doing something too. They are praying much more often

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words about AGT-50.

I used to mix my nutes from scratch, but $0.08/gallon isn’t too much to sneeze at with Jack’s hydro or Masterblend, cal nit, AGT-50 and potassium silicate. I recently had some monosilicic made that raised the price to $0.10/gallon, but the pH is much more stable and I am willing to pay for convenience in my old age.

3 Likes

Who made ur silica @AgTonik? Can I try some? Cool!

4 Likes

This is for my personal business, not my day job at AgTonik. It was a private formulator and we already had a falling out. It’s awesome liquid, but it’s half the potency I requested and he put them in pints instead of gallons.

2 Likes

Cool you had some made. Mine came out with too much particulate from the dioxide I used left over. Maybe I needed to filter it finer but it was unusable, and I wasn’t 100% on the concentration.

1 Like

I’m gonna have to cave in an buy a small bottle of power si to try out.

Seems as far as a retail product, it’s pricey, but compared to other things I’ve see that look cheaper, power si end up being cheaper per gallon.

https://www.hawthornegc.com/shop/product/alchemist-stout-msa

This one was one I was looking at in particular

3 Likes

I use stout. Gotta buy more.

2 Likes

I keep seeing everyone swear by this soluble silica, I have to try it.

It seems like that and agt-50 are two additives that are worth it.

2 Likes

100% love them both

1 Like

I’ve been testing stout and it works excellent. I’m trying to get my hands on grow genius next. I believe @Pattypan01 has been running a sample.

3 Likes

@Greenleafpro I got a sample from grow genius a few weeks ago. I’ve been running it against some osa28. I’ve split one of my rooms feed tanks in 2 and have been testing side by side. Both sides are looking pretty similar so far but it’s pretty early 3 wk in flower. I don’t notice a diff between them as yet. So I’d say the GG is winning so far based on cost because performance is equal currently.

@Curious_Roberto I’ll say the agt50 from @AgTonik is one of the best fulvic additives you can buy vs fulpower or dry powders I was using. My plants respond better to agt50 to the point where I was able to reduce my nute input by 20% due to nute burn. Nothing changed but agt50 that round. Save me around 15% on total nute cost per round.

2 Likes

@Killa12345 Can we split this off to the silica thread?

1 Like

I’ve been using agt-50 for the past year. Def can see the difference.

I’ve ditched all other additives after using it, just Jack’s 123 and agt-50. When things are dialed in and I’m not being a lazy ass, just those two give me great results.

It seems like the monosilicic acid will take me to that next level hopefully.

5 Likes

You and me running the same shit. Jacks 321, agt50 and silica.

6 Likes

K.I.S.S. baby. Took me years to learn less is more lol.

4 Likes

Me tooo! I run the stout but should pop for the gg. I couldn’t get a sample.

4 Likes