Medusa stone SOP

Duke: just to be absolutely clear about what goes into the centrifuge to be redissoved in butane: question…this is absolutely just
bho extract, no CRC or Charcoal of any kind. Is that correct?

Now the CRC people need to keep in mind that their preps are fundamentally different, material removed, and material contaminated.
People following your instructions need to differentiate at this point…
i.e., do the experiment for sure…but remember you (CRC) are different.

CRC seems to make it more likely to chalk right from the start. Impurities seem to limit the fast crash/chalk. Literally every single form of THCa I have tried this with with product chalk. From fast crash thca, to normal clear thca diamonds to other chalk. If it tests as thca via HPLC it makes chalk with this sop for me at several places.

best regards,

1 Like

@Dukejohnson can you please give us a more detailed description of what you mean
by “take thca that has been spun clean”…do you mean chalked stones from a mother liquid jar as “thca” or do you mean clear diamond stones (no chalk) in mother liquid as starting material?
When spinning clean do you include any secondary spin with cold
alkane…final wash…? I think it important you make that distinction.

I could be wrong but I think he means spinning them clean in a centrifuge

3 Likes

I am talking about the source and characterization of the stones he puts into the centrifuge…and whether he washes a bit extra after the first spin. Thank you, apologize if my note was confusing.

1 Like

It’s obvious this only happens when cold growing stones

I’m betting the stones aren’t as bonded together as tightly and letting trapped tane evap

3 Likes

Anyone have this?

3 Likes

Those are cold blooms, Medusas crystallize faceted with clarity and then chalk up after a day of being harvested

10 Likes

two seeds of rye stuck on the side of the jar, mushroom threads is that a way →

5 Likes

That’s gotta be cbd or cbg, right?

Cold crash at -40c?

Is this following my sop?

1 Like

Looks like cold crash THCA to me. Used to do this sub -50c to filter the terps and get my solvent fraction juuuust right before reintroducing them and crashing out some fuego diego

1 Like

Edit: Question answered above.

Huh. Sounds like superheating. Butane got warmer and warmer without nucleation site to boil off until someone nearby breathed too hard and kablooey

2 Likes

The polymorph(is this the right word) it’s growing is in resimable of cbd

Have you had those retested, or has that place that you processed them for?

I will start taking photos and sharing some documentation tomorrow when I get in the lab… certainly have been dealing with this for WHILE now and its been having me very stumped

More information here

5 Likes