Medical cannabis may be legalised in Ukraine in the near future!

(for those who don’t know, there is a war in Ukraine now, because of Russia’s invasion of Ukrainian territories)

Here is information from other sources that proves the need for legalisation:

Mykhailo Bakalyuk, a fighter with the brigade, was seriously wounded when he hit a mine. His left leg was amputated.
Terrible physical pain at the site of the wound is something the soldier experiences all the time. To alleviate his suffering, doctors inject Mykhailo around the clock with strong painkillers. This harms his heart, internal organs and nervous system.
“I ask you to consider the possibility of urgently introducing and adopting a law on medical cannabis.
The use of this drug by medical institutions as a painkiller
as a painkiller will significantly reduce pain and the impact on the body compared to existing chemicals,” said Mykhailo.

Ukrainian journalist Yanina Sokolova recalled how she was undergoing chemotherapy in 2019 and needed medical cannabis:
“On the 3rd day, I was sick, so none of the painkillers helped. The strongest patches and injections did not give any complete pain relief. I wanted to climb the walls. I twisted my body as if hundreds of bees were stinging my blood vessels. All this was before my friend bought a cigarette with cannabis oil inside. It was just a breath of peace. No side effects. Except that I was hungry.
The war. Thousands of our people are suffering from pain.
But how long can you put it off? Take it!”

Soldier Yuriy Gudymenko also called for the legalisation of medical cannabis:
“There are thousands of soldiers in Ukraine who are wounded and constantly live with terrible pain - real and phantom, including amputations. If there is at least some way to alleviate this pain, it must be done. And this can be done by legalising cannabis-based medicines. It’s been a long time coming, but now it’s a must.”

Honestly I support this draft law and hope that the Parliament will make the right decision.
I have a few friends from Ukraine, I know they are also in favour of legalisation. It’s terrible that it has taken so long for Ukraine to consider but not pass the bill. For a year now, I haven’t been able to send a special gift to a friend in Ukraine (feminized marijuana seeds) because it would be considered a violation of the country’s law…

Guys, your thoughts?

1 Like

They should be buying cannabis from us with that $6.2billion our corrupt government sent to their corrupt government.

2 Likes

Well I’d say they have some bigger things to worry about than weed, zchecks will always make supply drops right.

But how will things go for Ukraine if little donny T gets in the white house in 2024?.. He pulls the US out of NATO, he stops sending all them shiny weapons, he actively supports Putin’s moves and dicks over our intelligence agencies. It’ll take a year or so after the election but he’ll make sure dady P gets his piece of land.

How do yall feel about that? A decent amount of the regulars here are going to be voting for Trump… Willing and not ignorant, eyes open, will support fashism to own the libs and be part of their clan. It’s just a football game and they picked their team.

Poland legalized medical a couple years ago. The prohibition in eastern Europe is especially ironic since hemp has grown in in the region for millenia and it was one of the first places for cannabis to be used recreationally by the Scythian culture. & Ukraine was historically one of the biggest producers worldwide of hemp for fiber.

2 Likes