Media combinations that allows the filtering fats and such instead of your standard cryo methods?

Do you have a separate vac pump you like to use for this purpose or do you just use a filter?

Id be bummed if i ended up with some grit in my edwards

1 Like

Welch wob-l

I use that for all my filtration and rotovap

3 Likes

Yes you can absolutely do room temp dewax with a nanofiltration membrane. I have seen results from multiple membranes known to work for this.

3 Likes

I use dewax/color and desolv.

They work… Ok.

I’d recommend waiting a year for more options to get into market. And if you’re even a little bit good with valves and know a welder. I’d highly recommend building your own housing. You’ll save 50% off the price.

The current iterations don’t move mountains by any means (won’t turn garbage into gold) but it’ll certainly polish your extract.

Desolvating is nice :+1:

2 Likes

I figured there was with all the shit they are finding in our water supplies.

Time to go on a hunt!

Enzymes was my next step.

Methanol and wet alumina

6 Likes

I ran across methanol as well.

I wonder how much pressure one of those column membranes could take? Adapt it to the head of an injector to move the oil through the middle and out collecting in the rest of the column. And out. And the pressure should push any remaining goodies out while holding the wax inside the nanomembrane column.

They handle very high pressure. Usually have operating pressures 300-800 psi. You need a high power pump to drive them.

1 Like

Hmmmmm…

Need to start looking at explosion proof pump ratings. Think this may be something to try and play with it.

Thanks for the info!

I can recommend some vendors to you. DM me.

1 Like

DM sent

I would put the A-C T5 after the winterizing colum

2 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to avoid is the winterization if at all possible

You should read Bleaching and Purifying Fats and Oils Second Edition. Everyone should. :wink:

12 Likes

@Soxhlet knows the answer to that secret :flushed:

3 Likes

I’ve always winterized and polished my extracts but that was in the cannabis sector. Smaller quantities (10-100lb at a shot). I could run easy on that for everything.

This is all for hemp now. Running 5000lb daily and the bottleneck of winterization is a killer but necessary.

There are entire chapters in the book I recommended about removing fats and lipids without winterization. Are you doing cryo-ethanol extraction?

5 Likes

Did you data dump it ??

3 Likes