Mechanically separated decarbed thca turning purple

What else that’s common that resonates around that frequency as well?

For dummies like me.

Sorry I’m asking basic questions, but you seem to be the guy that’s good with this stuff off the top of his head.

Semiconductors and conductors like most metals will heat up.

1 Like

they call me roipedia

lower alcohols mostly.

5 Likes

Again, for dummies? Lol. Is this a crude way to do it?

But thanks for giving me the info. It’s much appreciated.

Learning is fun!

Edit: also @gobstopp, sorry to hijack your thread.

LOL, you’ll need some instrumentation, bud!

2 Likes

Hahaha, dude, I’m just making shit for personal use!

No lab here!

Edit: not saying it wouldn’t be nice to have, but I couldn’t justify the expense.

1 Like

i think it may be a translation frequency of molecular interaction of H20…
not necessarily a internal vibration mode…
The best way to determine is using a microwave safe container, plop something in and give it a few 10 sec pulses at max output…it may or may not absorb…esp. polymers.
CBD…not even hot. There are microwave reactors and special capped containers.
You can pop it in with a few ml H2O…heat it with the steamed H2O…a little messy.
There are microwaves you can special order that put out down a bit in the MHz…
sometimes used for special purpose. Crows and Ravens like roosting near cell towers… a bit warmer?: w

Gobstopp: your experiment has generated others to wonder and others to experiment.
The purple aerosol deserves deep thought.

Dr. Jeb and Roiplex:
While you have your thinking caps on and in concerto:
Tell me how THCA is synthesized enzymatically at physiological pH…
giving rise to a THCA ionized…how is this ionized form extracted into Butane?
It has to be an ion pair, a carboxylic acid dimer or other complex heterologue…
or Butane would never be so suffucient. Perhaps the trichrome storage is pH 2.0?
This may be related to the question of what a “sauce diamond” is?

2 Likes

that is correct. i got it mixed up with the principles behind infrared resonance there

1 Like

The pKa is higher than 7, about 10.6.
So the plant contains its neutral form.

Doc, I’m talking the pKa of the carboxyl on the ring, THCA.
Not the phenolic pKa…circa 9.5
Look up the Pka of a carboxylated Phenol/Rescorcinol.

1 Like

True now I read 2.89 for the strongest acid group.
Then I’d say the plant synthesis and store it in sufficiently dry conditions, so it merely deprotonates and remain mainly neutral.

1 Like

I am not sure what exactly you mean?

at physiological pH , 6.8 or so… the carboxylic acid
is fully ionized. That is the whole point…how do you calculate
that as neutral? It is negatively charged, neutal would be a salt…
that is my question…does the THCA extract into Butane as a neutral ion pair?
Or as a dimer (neutral)…or as a heterologous pair with some other compound.
If you " deprotonate" you have a carboxylic anion…which is not going to dissove
into butane…or does it? Something is fundamentally counter intuitive.

Now if the butane extracts enough terps to act as an ionic detergent…well that
is a possibility. These properties are not applicable when extracting into aqueous ethanol solutions, they enhance the extraction.

1 Like

The pH concept works in water or another protic solvent.
But if there is not anything to give or take the protons, then the acid stay in the COOH form (in case in was synthesized in this form).

Yes in fact it is not the correct term here.
Let’s say it is in its acidic form, and so the molecule is not ionized, it has a neutral charge.

Not necessarily.
On the one hand technically, I believe it needs several molecule to form the monocrystal basic units of a salt.
On the other hand, that neutral molecule could also be solvated in a non polar solvent such as plant oils and terpenes mix (or further butane or any good solvent one likes to use). As long as the solvent is not saturated, there are no crystal forming. But one may also find crystals in some compartments of the plant, maybe. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

all i know is that plants produce acids of all kinds (e.g. oxalic acid), so acidity itself should not be an issue here. i am unaware of the concept of “physiological pH” concerning plants, I’d assume instead that for harsh stuff like acids the plant has resistant compartments such as vacuoles or coated trichomes where hydrolysis etc. is not an issue.

come to think of it, I’m carrying a liter of pretty strong HCl around in my belly all day long, that’s kind of a miracle by itself already.

4 Likes

thank you…both.

• DOI: 10.1186/s42238-021-00062-4
    2021 updated review of Cannabinoid biosynthesis.
    Note: tetrahydrocannabinoic acid synthase enzyme is excreted into the
    extracellular space to the Trichome storage area. THCA synthesis is extracellular
    and not constrained by “physiological pH”.
1 Like

Roberto:
could we do one additional experiment with your vap-rig.

do the same thing…same material…same amount of wait time.
just put it in a completely Dark spot.

if it stays white…we know that light, photons are the main cause of the purple.

regards…

1 Like

It would be cool to take a scoop of the purple impurity, add it to a vessel or jar. Then add some powdered thca (for easier dissolve) and butane. Let it dissolve and regrow diamonds. See if it gets stuck in the diamonds or stays In the mother liquor

3 Likes

It never turned purples before. It’s always in my living room, which is usually dark.

That purple started in about 10 minutes or so I’d say. And it appears its going away somewhat.

The q tips though, those were never in direct light.

I’m too lazy to clean my rig lol, but imma take a big sloppy hit, clean the dish, and put that qtip in the dark for a bit.

Taking the hit now.

To add to the fun.

I took a heat gun, melted down the top surface purple layer, still had a hue in my opinion so I poured it off into its own clean jar.

Added some terp sauce to the remaining oil and spread it over the top to stop any more oxidation. Slowly heated and stirred.

After a while, I looked at the poured off purple jar, still had a slight hue, showed my wife who said it just looked pale brownish to her. Scraped it all out, mixed it back in with the main batch of oil and terps, color completely dissipated. Filled carts and they all have a nice pale color, no hint of a purple hue or anything

3 Likes

It’s already turning a tiny bit

Stuck it in a cupboard