MCT oil safe?

It actually says greater than 1.86ppm. The LD50 dose is not shown. If they legally only needed to test up to 1.86ppm they may not have actually killed any of the test group of rats. To make sense of that number an analysis of how the study was conducted would be needed. They may not have tested any dose higher than 1.86ppm in order to claim that.

Not advocating for any cut, but use technical data correctly or it is meaningless. @greenergrasslabs Or trying to be a jerk… think Sheldon from big bang. I mean well but sound like an ass to some people.

4 Likes

6 Likes

The reason mother little is allergy is because there end up being 20-40% unknown in it and, that’s why it’s wack to try to cut with mother liquor.

1 Like

what would be the difference between mother liquor and say hash oil or htfse?

Guys I don’t even know what mother liquid is.

It’s the pour off after crashing out cbd

2 Likes

It’s the “pouroff” from when they make cbd diamonds

1 Like

There’s nothing contradictory about saying I’m okay with adding isolated cannabinoids, but not with mother liquor because of exactly what @Krative said. It’s all about that unknown percentage.

At this point I’m just not vaping any carts, I’ve taken it as a good reason to try to start quitting smoking cigarettes, I mean if I’m not going to vape carts because they’re dangerous what the hell am I do inhaling the most likely thing to kill a human on the planet.

I can’t quite let go of the diamonds, there’s just something oddly satisfying about dying a little bit with each huge rip lol but I’m definitely not suggesting it’s healthy to inhale either… that’s an awful lot of terpenes, but damn they taste good.

I get the majority of my dosing these days from products that don’t require inhalation, and don’t take an hour to kick in. Feeling healthier by the minute :wink:

2 Likes

what would be in ML thats not in say hash oil, htfse or any full spectrum oil?

2 Likes

I don’t recall suggesting any of those are particularly ‘safe’ to vaporize and inhale either.

Still to answer your question, I don’t know what’s in hash oil, htfse, or full spectrum oil beyond cannabinoids and terpenes, I don’t think anyone else does either, and that’s my point.

1 Like

my only point is that to say mother liquor is bad is to also say any full spectrum, bho, sauce, hash oil etc is bad because “mother liquor is allergy is because there end up being 20-40% unknown in it and, that’s why it’s wack to try to cut with mother liquor”. mother liquor is just distillate or crude thats had cbd crashed out. how would that have any more unknowns than any other form of cannabis extracts that havent been highly refined/distilled/isolated for thc or cbd? If were going to say ML is a bad idea then lets also say bho, shatter, sauce, htfse etc are all a bad idea

4 Likes

The idea of cutting with CBD disty is using “hot” CBD that can’t be sold on the legal CBD market. This would make using it more attractive since it is cheaper than TFree CBD and have a high THC concentration. A COA will show you the cannabinoid levels, heavy metals, pesticides and Mycotoxins plus the minors.

agreed. all of the ML ive seen for sale around these parts has a coa with these tests done. its always a first pass wiped film or spd distillate that has had cbd crashed out. its usually pretty hot thc wise but sells cheap unrefined after cbd has been crashed out once. take this stuff perform another pass on an spd and have a nice clean distillate full of cannabinoids that all codistill around the same temps.

4 Likes

That sounds reasonable creating a very pure distillate from mother liquor which then wouldn’t be vaping mother liquor anymore, and I did say that vaping any of these things seemed highly questionable. Even the cannabinoids aren’t necessarily guaranteed to be good for your lungs, they are all di or triterpenoids(sorry not in research mode this morning), but at least they and the terpenes are the components that provide us the experiences we seek so eagerly.

After you’ve identified all of your cannabinoids and terpenes in an extract do those actually add up to 100% of the mass? The questionable part in my mind is that remaining .5-9.9% of unknowns in a distillate, and even worse in other, less purified, extracts. That’s why I’ve always been of the mind that eventually inhaling your cannabinoids will be a relic like smoking cigarettes that carries a similar stigma once we realize that smoking cannabis, and being honest about the amount and frequency, does actually lead to respiratory issues down the road, and potentially lung cancer. Just because we haven’t made a clear link between the two during the period of prohibition, which is when medical diagnosis really got good, doesn’t mean none exist. Carbon monoxide is the most obvious poison being inhaled by all of us when consuming combusted cannabis flower. If I bothered to do some research today I’m sure I could list many others.

But cigarettes arent a relic tho

They’re definitely going that way. I assure you I’ve watched closely as my generation of health ignorant over indulging peers have become a type of outcast. We’re pushed out of social functions, limited in employers, and ultimately shunned at nearly every opportunity because we stink, and we promote poor air quality.

I’ve even begun to see the new generation of cannabis users shun combustion as a delivery method because of the unhealthy byproducts delivered alongside their desired compounds. It’s an obvious progression towards longevity and health to move past inhalation as a delivery method. Originally cannabis was eaten, it wasn’t until much later it was found smoking it provided a faster and more controllable dosing which made it more desirable as a delivery method. Science allows us to grow past inhalation as a rapid delivery method.

On a side note, someone earlier told me the old well no one has gotten lung cancer from smoking cannabis story. Remember, people smoked for quite some time before it was ever linked to any of the diseases it causes. Before the fifties smoking was considered an acceptable way to diet and was even endorsed but doctors. Just saying.

1 Like

You happen to be wrong my friend. The scythians hotboxed

2 Likes

Might want to do some fact checking on that. I assure you it was first used as a medicine around 4000BC and not by the Scythians who still wouldn’t exist for another 3100 years. In fact by 3000 BC it was already part of burial ceremonies. Scythians did indeed get high, by smoking, but they got the concept from someone else.

2 Likes

trusting chinese archeology

1 Like

lol I was hoping you defend that with the fact that the research was conducted in part by a German archeological institute, but then I remembered how they once thought the world developed lol

For real though, I don’t think the Chinese and Germans are trying to generate a false history of cannabis. Seems a little pointless.

1 Like