MCT based flavoring, Select Oil using MCT

Recently, Select Oil has admitted to using MCT as a “carrier” for botanical terpenes in their Flavors line of cartridges (which have since been discontinued as far as I am aware).

As we all know, MCT is not needed to mix botanical terpenes, or any terpenes, with THC distillate. This is extremely concerning considering they are a legally licensed manufacturer, and the BS just keeps piling up with every statement they make.

Today I found MCT based flavoring concentrate which I believe is the same flavoring concentrate as other PG based flavors used for making e-cig juice, just a different solvent. Based on Select Oil’s statement that they only used MCT for their “flavors” line makes me wonder if Select Oil was using regular non-terpene MCT based flavoring concentrates in their cartridges, likely for the bright fruity, candy, etc tastes these concentrates can offer. While it’s merely a conspiracy, it seems like it almost adds up perfectly, in which case exposes more lies about their products (not using actual terpenes).

I do not think Select Oil intended to directly dilute their cartridges with MCT. For what reputation they had, I am hesitant to assume that this is the case, which is part of my reasoning to come to conclusions about this MCT flavor concentrate.

Does anyone have any experience with MCT based flavor concentrates and their comparability with distillate? I would love to hear the community’s thoughts on this shit-show.

Here is their official statement on cutting agents which they posted on instagram:

Embellished in the caption:

“The story of Select began when our founder identified a cleaner, safer option for vaporizer pen technology. That’s why it’s especially hard for us to hear that manufacturers are using cutting agents such as Vitamin E Acetate in vaporizer pens. This hurts customers and the cannabis industry as a whole.
Select has been in the legal cannabis market for five years and we’ve always been known as the safest option for consumers – testing for pesticides at parts per billion, while others are testing at parts per million.
We have never used Vitamin E Acetate or other common cutting agents like propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerine (VG) in our cartridges, and our hearts go out to those affected by the terrible stories we are seeing in the news. Thank you to the Select community for your ongoing support and trust!”

They have also been deleting comments calling out their methods, overall just not practicing good business IMO.

The original owner sold the company a while ago and I’m not sure what they are up to now a days. I do know that he got some serious change for the company.