May be time for a new job

Do you have info on the Colorado thing for weed felons?

doesn’t even need to be a felony. literally any weed-related arrest. here ya go.

1 Like

reading through it now, ya gotta be a CO resident. My bad folks. If anyone is still interested and needs any assistance or an operator to run it for em, hit me up!!

What stops you from just going and getting a weed-related arrest this weekend and applying for a license on Monday?

I didn’t read any of the Colorado regs

6 Likes

Lol trust me I had the same thought, and I honestly haven’t read anything that puts any kind of timetable on when you were arrested. So I’m not too sure.

I’ll make a quick trip to KS no problem if it means I can get an accelerated license :joy:

It does say “prior” arrest/charge. So maybe only arrests prior to the signing of the bill??

Or “prior” as in prior to applying for a license!

my state is slow to expunge so if I get busted I go in line for expungement I think. In other words they arent targeting weed. im sure some cops still hate it and will charge you but itll be thrown out with lawyer.

1 Like

I have multiple weed charges lol just discussed in family court they thought my son was felon and had to point out im the felon lol

And yes whole family dysfunctional as hell. But multiple masters degrees . so crazy smart felon :). Still wanna do biz

2 Likes

Damn, respect bro. A Master’s degree is a hell of an accomplishment

If only you were a CO resident man, you could probably get a license here easily. But Washington may have a similar social equity program? idk

1 Like

Social equity done like this is a great idea. Other models that reward melanin levels not so much.

3 Likes

I heard they were doing a social equity program soon to open more retail stores in WA 502.

1 Like

Dude for someone with your years of experience your resume isn’t serving you the best it could.

1. Skills — use a two column bulleted format and be consistent with your capitalization. This will be easier to read and conserve precious page area. Leave off “quick learner and teamplayer”, with your experience its assumed you learn quick, otherwise you wouldn’t have gotten this far. Get more elaborate with specific post-extraction techniques (liquid-liquid extraction, chromatography etc.). Use the keywords you find in postings that interest you.

2. Put your education as the last section on your
    resume (no one is really going to care about it tbh at this point in your career) and please, don’t cal it schooling, it just sounds bad. Just call it “Education”. Leave off the part about “not finishing community college”. Only bring it up if asked by the employeer.

3. Experience — this should go right below your skills, which should stay at the top. Use bullet points to describe your experiences. Hiring managers are lazy and have hundreds of resumes to sift through. If a resume is hard to read they bin it. Simple. Focus on measurable and quantifiable results:

• Independently operated industrial scale wiped film distillation system processing 50 kg of crude in an 8 hour shift and outputting 30 kg of 90% total activate cannabinoid finished distillate
  1. Be consistent with spelling and formatting! Use consistent capitalization! This is something people notice and you will come off as lazy or not giving a fuck. This seems petty or small but like I said hiring people are lazy, they are overwhelmed with resumes and they will not give you the benefit of a doubt.

2. Fewer resume pages the better. Unless you have decades of experience in executive level positions 1-2 pages MAX is sufficient.

I’m offering this advice as someone who’s changed careers three times. When I worked in cannabis I was able to amass about 10 written offers from extraction companies and testing labs.

11 Likes

im just curious= are the people hiring actually familiar with extraction? I doubt it. They are hired based on experience hiring. Its a non cannabis related thing. My experience is very limited- have worked for myself for 17 years after 13 years at ups.
But in the 80s my mom had a mba and was an accountant and would do weird shit today. She would print hundreds of resumes on fancy paper at the printer and would get not many responses even with A list resume stats. I dunno how a blacklist works but she claimed my stepdad did it to her when they divorced? Hopefully im not blacklisted on future but I wont apply till I get off the beer.

1 Like

You immediately contradicted yourself

Only in our hearts :black_heart:

5 Likes

Thought I was misreading when he contradicted himself in the same sentence but I was not.

Oh Thumper

1 Like

I don’t know about everyone but, at our facility if your applying for the extraction crew you’ll be interviewed by my boss then me. Which we both have plenty experience extracting and will definitely see through a person claiming to have experience and doesn’t.

5 Likes

Experience doesn’t correlate to experience at scale either. Talk about an eye opener.

1 Like

I actually have more of a problem running smaller systems, than I do larger ones

5 Likes

Feel that, a small system is probably 5-10% of my “ career “ blasting and im way more confident and at ease running a big system vs a small 5lber

2 Likes

My point was more being: new system, new experience no matter what.

2 Likes