MAX THC in CBD Tinctures

Trying to calculate the maximum amount of THC in mg allowed per 30g of weight we formulate our tinctures by weight usually.

The potency of the tincture doesn’t matter right as the THC calculation is based on weight right?

So it should be the same for all 1oz tinctures regardless of potency.

30 grams in a tincture, max allowable Total THC = .3% 30 * .003 = .09% what does this mean?

Im stoned and confused someone please help.

disregard the high shouldnt lead the high

1 Like

30g * 0.003 = .09g

.09g = 90mg

3 Likes

I knew I was stoned. Thank you.

1 Like

giphy

5 Likes

To achieve the 90mg in a 30ml bottle you will have to mix your MCT or other carrier oil with a non-hemp (>.3% THC) extract. While the final product is <.3% you used a “marijuana” product to get there. You may want to run that past a lawyer or two before you put that on the market.

1 Like

Im talking about using full spec CBD distillate…
If you go over 90mg THC in a 30g CBD product, it’s non-compliant. That’s all I said.

1 Like

My bad, hit reply to the wrong person, meant it to @sweethemp

1 Like

Ahh. I was trying to figure out what I said that would generate that response to me lol.
No worries friend. :cowboy_hat_face:

Could just be cutting hot distillate which is still a hemp product tho right ?

Technically that hot distillate isn’t “hemp” by the letter of the law. I honestly don’t know what the answer is, it’s just enough in the grey area where you’d probably want to run it by a lawyer first

ya i feel you, it doesnt seem like intermediary products are being regulated at this time.

@Kingofthekush420

thoughts on this?

“To achieve the 90mg in a 30ml bottle you will have to mix your MCT or other carrier oil with a non-hemp (>.3% 'THC) extract. While the final product is <.3% you used a “marijuana” product to get there. You may want to run that past a lawyer or two before you put that on the market.”

1 Like

Agreed. Obviously before most extracts are remediated they aren’t under .3%, but the only time someone’s going to get a bug up their ass about it is if you’re getting people high with those extracts. If that tincture finds it’s way into a high school or some rich kid gets in an accident on it, that’s when you could get fucked on those technicalities

dude i wanna get people high legally on a technicality i dont wanna trick people lol…I’m just saying if its below .3% thc by weight does it really have to contain CBD? lol