Mass Terpenes ServVm safe?

Another post mentioned that the MT website now lists the ingredients for their serVm product: bisabolol and phytol.

I recently started using serVm where required beyond just terps to get acceptable viscosity and flow. With all the recent hoopla about danger of additives to vaped material, it’s making many wonder a lot if this stuff is safe to inhale.

It appears bisabolol is a terpene so maybe not so bad.
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/myrcene-linalool-and-bisabolol-what-are-the-benefits-of-these-can

Phytol seems more elusive as to how it’s used and how safe it is.

I could not find any official tests where the materials were vaporized. Bisabolol is used for topical skin care products and indicate it penetrates the skin but one can not deduce that it is safe if inhaled.

From serVm datasheet:
Section 11: Toxicological Information
Information on toxicological effects:
Acute toxicity: No data available.
Skin corrosion/irritation: Causes skin irritation.
Serious eye damage/irritation: No data available.
Respiratory or skin sensitization: No data available.
Germ cell mutagenicity: No data available.
Carcinogenicity: No data available.
Reproductive toxicity: No data available.
STOT-single exposure: No data available.
STOT-repeated exposure: No data available.
Aspiration hazard: No data available.

1 Like

Its an acyclic monounsaturated diterpene alcohol. It’s known for being a few things such as a immunostimulant and a good one. Its been used for parasite drugs and stuff like that.

4 Likes

So I can huff it right?

Rid me of these pesky lung worms?!?

5 Likes

Only if its at min 5 gram dab and we post it on IG.

3 Likes

Ingredients: Phytol, Bisabolol.

So, Phytol is a precursor/input to Vitamin E?
And Bisbaolol isn’t considered a primary terpene? It’s not in the top 10 of the approximately 200 identified terpenes, so what??

Precursor - (noun) a substance from which another is formed, especially by metabolic reaction.

Vitamin E -
Manufacture: Dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate is produced synthetically by the condensation of 2,3,5-trimethylhydroquinone with isophytol in an inert solvent (e.g. benzene or hexane) with a catalyst such as zinc chloride. The resulating alpha tocopherol is then treated with acetic anhydride to give tocopheryl acetate.

Yes, isophytol is used in the manufacture of vitamin e. Not sure how that is relevant unless you’re adding the rest of the ingredients.

1 Like