Malawigold Seeds - Rare Landrace

We have the rare original and uncontaminated Malawigold landrace seeds (Feminized and Unfeminized). These were sourced straight from their native location of Malawi in Africa. Interested parties can contact me in private.

Thanks

www.Malawigold.com
Info@malawigold.com

6 Likes

Is it true these can be grown as a perineal?

It’s true. They are amazing with an impressive Terplogic profile. Please google them

1 Like

Most strains can be grown as a perenial, just needs extra care after harvest and during winter

6 Likes

The unfeminized seeds are direct from Malawi where they are native. The feminization was done in Mississippi using the original seeds and they are F1.

There are numerous phenotypes within Malawigold landrace family. The fat one is called “nchila wa nkhosa” by the locals which means tail of the lamb. It is one of the most potent one (very high THCV and THCA). I am associated with a company known as Malawigold Ltd ( www.malawigold.com ) and you can reach us through info@malawigold.com. We have some COA’s that were conducted by a local university lab that we would be happy to share. The locals use it as a cure for many ailments

2 Likes

You’re not going to find pure stuff anymore due to western contamination. This probably isn’t the first person to trade seeds. I do not know the person that made this post I’m just giving an example of what happens with these rare varieties

1 Like

This is why im trying to obtain as many true “landrace” and heirloom strains as possible, it wont be long until everything has been crossed with American hybrids :tired_face:

2 Likes

Our company went on a rampage and bought seeds from various regions of the country before medicinal cannabis was legalized in Malawi. We are aware of what has happened to Landraces in other regions where Cannabis has become legal and we understand what’s at stake.

Malawigold does very well outdoors but it also does well in a controlled environment. I don’t think it would do well in the cold

@silverstudent, the picture you showed above doesn’t look like Malawigold at all. Malawigold looks like the pictures below.

2 Likes

Just to save anyone from any ideas, I think (hope) you mean perennial.

8 Likes

I know what I asked lol @DapperDabMan

5 Likes

those aholes from greenhouse used to do a landrace phenohunt. And they would give people thier shitty amsterdam 2000’s genetics

1 Like

it looks alot different- its a male vs females.

3 Likes

shit slaps

1 Like

What does it say when the “breeder” doesn’t recognize a male?

Guess it’s a good thing that collecting “landrace” seeds doesn’t actually require any such skill…

2 Likes

It says you are uneducated about landrace plants. Ignorant people usually try to make others look dumb thinking that they themselves will appear smarter but they end up exposing themselves.

I for one know what a male Malawigold plant looks like. No where in my posting did I ever claim to be a breeder. The landrace seeds we have are pure original Malawigold seeds sourced from their native region of origin, Malawi, Africa. These are not genetically bred.

1 Like

Yeah, my bad. Didn’t mean to insult you by calling you a breeder…

The first cannabis breeder I interacted with had been at it for 25 years and didn’t know “allele” or allelic. The harle tsu x cannatonic cross we were running to great effect, and recent synthase sequence suggested that THC & CBD were allelic, but it read as slightly more complex than that to me. It is. But the world famous “cannabis breeder” in the room couldn’t grok allele even after the “blue eyes/brown eyes” spiel.

You responded to a post of a male, with pictures of females. Trying to goad you into doing better than that.

I’ll absolutely admit I missed.

In my whirled one uses molecular markers when looking at this sort of question.

Perhaps you could educate the rest of us ignorant folks with a 1k word substitute or six?

Because not every “Malawi” male is going to look the same… maybe a half dozen showing the variation one would expect to see? There seem to be a couple in one of your pictures, but they are out of focus. Can’t Is this your seed growing op? How many males are you using?

Do you know how the male shown was grown? It wasn’t outdoors at home…so maybe it would be outside of the variation you’ve seen?

It’s ALL genetic.

As noted…no “breeding” required.

Although I would wager most of the folks collecting germ plasm ARE interested in playing mix-n-match rather than simple preservation .

I’ll give you than I’m ignorant of your qualifications, how much population biology have you had?

What is specifically special about “landraces”?

What would you call that male plant if it could be demonstrated molecularly that both its parents were of Malawi origin?

3 Likes

preservation of equatorial landrace genetics requires patience, and the capability to revive seeds from dormancy^
For the cultivator, look for domesticated, but for the geneticist, the higher the level of genotypic variety the better

Well, what season were these cultivated during?

1 Like

Could you describe this variety?
When does it flower?
What does it smell like?
What are the effects?
What do the flowers look after they are harvested?

1 Like

There are different phenotypes within the Malawigold family. I have traveled up and down to all parts of Malawi. Our take is that Malawigold from each of the regions is different ( For example Kaning’ina is found in the north; nchila wa nkhosa (tail of lamb because of the fat flowers ), Nkhota- Kota mostly found in the central region, Kalua and Usingini found in the south.

I am not a breeder but I only speak from my many years of experience with the landrace breed in question. I grew up watching this plant growing in the bush and people going to get it for medicinal applications. Malawi only legalized medicinal cannabis in 2020.