Making My Own Tincture

Try to be mindful of the verbage you use. If you keep using the wrong words it’s not productive. For the second time, he not using distillate.

And for the record, I’m not personally making anything on a stove, we have a lab, we also have an HPLC in house for testing.

3 Likes

It turned out decent. Got a shit yield, smells like grass and tastes like it too. Idk the exact yield I got but enough to fill a dropper with some leftover. I just mixed in a spoonful or 2 of MCT oil. Going to try this again one day with better material and probably some better equipment. Overall, it was fun and I appreciate everyones help on this, especially since this is my first crude “extraction”

4 Likes

The important takeaway is that you attempted it.

Learn from what was done, then try again.

Better plant/material = better product, always.

You could have all the equipment, all the knowledge, if you got bunk flower/material… nothing special will be had.

It’s all about the plant/material you’re extracting from, processing it can be simplified… in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m actually with @envee on this one. Lol

It’s best just to ignore @Space_Dandy.

6 Likes

Reads like a 16 year old

4 Likes

Oh no. Toxic people ignoring me.
My life is ruined.
Lol.
First the nextdoor app now this.
Ohh the tragedy.

holy shit dude, that guy is super annoying. thinks he’s a robot too lol.

I was relieved to see everyone’s annoyance with his replies. reddit hasn’t mutated this forum yet

3 Likes

Starting mats are everything.
Fire in=fire out(less ya really mess up)
Better to have loved an loss.
All a learning process.
Better to practice on the cheap stuff.
Good luck in your future endeavors my friend.

1 Like

Beep boop toxic people trolling ohh no I’m totally falling for it.
God please toxic a holes don’t leave my life
Anything but that
Y’all’s toxicity is the very essence of reddit I was trying to escape ;D but think what ya will

If you can navigate this place and learn who is/isn’t credible you can learn so much, so fast, from real people who will help you if you show them kindness and respect.

Reddit… can’t say the same, there is so much hogwash on there posted by people with a “this works because i said it works” attitude.

I can trust what certain individuals say here, they speak from experience and have the credibility/resources to support/prove the claims they make and share.

You need to read a lot to learn about this place and who you can trust.

I’d recommend less chatter, less defensive tactics/calling people toxic and more reading…

This place tried the gentle let me teach you approach and it didn’t work.

Now the fuck off and read approach is all you’ll get… especially when you make an ass out of yourself speaking on things you know nothing of.

5 Likes

did you winterize and dewax?

if you have a scale, you can weigh your mct oil to provide more precise dosing. I usually throw whatever decarbed extract into 28ml (1ml is about 1g) of carrier oil.

Then ill divide however many gs (roughly converted to mgs) by however many ml to provide dose per serving

3 Likes

Harsh. But fair. I will take your words to heart and thank you again to you both for checking up on my work so no mis information got accidentally spread. Much love fam.

It’s starting to make sense…

8 Likes

So you mean to tell me pops grew weed and you just so happen to be brought up in it? is that what this is?

Or is
IMG_9862

A scientist

2 Likes

I love y’all, but I’m go focus back on the science. Thank you for this exercise in being overly harsh and ganging up on a disabled person online. <3
The taste of reddits toxicity and elitism from this experience with y’all will remain in my mouth for quite some time as reminder to never ask for reference articles to in which ways I’m wrong, and just accept the word of you God’s of 4200 forum as all knowing undisputable fact. Oh, and know if I do make a mistake, it will result in my public hazing. And people telling me I’m dumb and not to speak.
Totally healthy scientific environment to grow.
If not for the non toxic people in PMs this would be beyond disheartening.
Thank you for the experience y’all.
Bow

“If everyone around you is an asshole…”

7 Likes

If you’re aiming for a tincture in MCT or coconut oil, I suggest you extract with them.

Direct oil infusion likely get you there (search query)

If you’re gonna add party solvent to your weed, at least have the courtesy to do it QWET.

There is a ton of information here that you can use to guide your next attempt. Including solvent recovery.

Im surprised you didn’t dig a little deeper before jumping in.

8 Likes

Ahhhhhhh so you came from Reddit?

Is that why you read like a 16 yr old

science isn’t emotional. nor does it feel guilty for the observations that are made.

be quiet. learn. only mistake you made was being combative with everyone like this is reddit. if folks jump on you about something, reflect on it.

many here witnessed the industrys rise and fall. the misinformed consumer and the greedy executives created the perfect environment. reddit is for the misinformed consumer. please help break the cycle

6 Likes

I tried to use chatgpt to write product descriptions for my website and I learned really quickly that it sucks. Besides all the facts it gets wrong, it uses the same sentence structures over and over, overuses certain figures of speach, and sometimes is just completely incoherent. Sometimes it’s too verbose, sometimes its too vague. It’s a cruel little trap for autistic people that struggle with wording text based communication.

AI could be the future, but generative ai that uses the Internet as it’s informational feedstock is not a practical tool so much as its a funny little gizmo you can use to generate a screenplay about Peter Griffin converting to Shia Islam or pictures of ‘wizards completely out of control’

1 Like