Making Hash from THC Extract, Distillate and Kief

Have a great night! Enjoy the Sun and Fun in Hawaii! Be sure to catch our webinar with our live demo this Thursday you can find the link on our Instagram page. November 5th at 11am PST at the link below. Part 3: Live Demo: How to Make Hash with the VTS-50?

1 Like

10 Likes

those books are kind of hard to find.

1 Like

I ll try to scan and post it in the data dump soon

16 Likes

Hi mate, have you managed to find a good process? Have tried to do the same with little success.
Even just addind 10% of CBG pollen to the hash it stops it from bubbling.

1 Like

You added kief not pollen.

Pollen is the male gamete, you don’t got no boy parts in your hash.

5 Likes

Mix about 3 to 1 kief and rosin or extract. If necessary add a bit of moisture or ethanol, chop into granules and get moisture content just right.

Put granules in the puck press and squish into pucks. Run through hand press to finish surface.

Hard part is making endless amounts of kief. Took years to figure that one out.

If you don’t use kief then it doesn’t burn right and it doesn’t taste right and it really ain’t hash.

Technically I guess mixing rosin in kief means it ain’t hash but people don’t seem to complain.

1 Like

Can it be any rosin or distillate or it has to be in the acid form?
I have been told I need minimum 25% CBGa to bubble.

Traditional hash is either pressed kief or scraped from the bodies of Afgan children forced to run in circles through the cannabis fields. It doesn’t bubble.

Water hash bubbles but the process is relatively recent and many terpenes are lost in the process.

Straight extracts will bubble. My preference is that you hit it with the flame once and never again, extracts don’t do that.

What consistency of oil do you recommend? Dry sugar or diamonds seems like it would crush into powder the best. I have a sauce fraction off a run in the freezer right now to try this with.

oh it bubbles

So he does have some?

1 Like

Yep. Most kief has bug dicks…

9 Likes

The silent partner of a true full spectrum extract.

6 Likes

:octopus: you good sir made my day

Not a derail comment

1 Like

We are looking for a method to make it more brittle and less soft, we use 1g of distillate/diamonds mixed with 1 gram of CBD and 1 gram of CBG, the result is this:

The first is CBD and CBG, the second darker one is CBD only, obviously both with 1g of distillate.Only it always turns out to be very soft and I can’t figure out how to create a more crumbly, less soft texture, Why it is done with a peg and not with flakes, I don’t know if I explained myself well.

Let it sit in open air and dry out, or put it in the oven to speed up the drying out process.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have already tried it and it doesn’t change much because as soon as you hold it in your hand for a few minutes it becomes soft again, I need to find a way to make it more crumbly and hard, Moroccan style not charas style so to speak.

Grind your kief to a finer powder with dry ice
How are you mixing in your distillate?
The highest loading is 15% disty with 20% thc-a issolate and use pollen/kief that’s not to high% of other cannabinoids cbg is best
Yust make sure total acittic cannabinoids is around 22% to have the bubbling effect when placed in a flame

1 Like

Do not use more than 25% decarbed cannabinoids (disty)

1 Like