Making clear Distillate?

Yes indeed his biggest contribution was inspiration and the vivid writing
He showed us posebility s and options
I exeled in my technique treu his hints and options
Master piece by the way those pics​:clap::clap:
I Said it before he would/is Be proud
Of such great work :+1:

8 Likes

His vivid writing was the best. He’d sometimes apologize for the length and ranting detours in his responses to some things, but I actually really enjoyed how thoughtful he’d get.

@phenethylamine1 That description makes me want to take this next distillation I’ll be doing tomorrow nice and slow. It’s hands down the most gorgeous crude I’ve ever made so far, so I’m super excited for the results, and want to make sure I take as much care in the distillation as I took in the extraction and pre-processing.

@anon81723932 You’re one of the very few people I’ve heard talk about ramping up vac slowly instead of focusing just on the heat. What vac level do you start your distillation at and where is your vac when you start pulling your mains?

1 Like

I would usually start around 50 torr to get whatever remaining volatiles are in the oil. Usually 0.01 torr during the main cannabinoid fraction

3 Likes

I have a buddy who runs a lab that pulls this stuff left and right. Sadly the distillate tends to oxidize much faster than normal raw disty. I’ll ask for parameters.

We ran this through testing as well, we were very skeptical it was d9. I’ll look for them and post them in a few.

9 Likes

Any results on this? Definitely looks like d8 or mostly, ive had the same experience with it oxidizing fast when i would use absorbents in the flask

1 Like

I’d guess it’s crc of some form if it’s oxidizing quickly on you

Yes we did! I’ll post them tomorrow, as I need to edit some personal info on the CoA’s. Came back 90+ d9. Was definitely CRC tek.

2 Likes

Nice i havent ran any crc crude yet, i figured it would be a bonus for the distilation process. Looks great

1 Like

Thanks! I doubt you’ll see CRC tek purposed for distillate for much longer in my opinion. It’s redundant. Your better off running a VTA If your going for scalability.

2 Likes

Ya i just wanna do it to do it and see, theres way easier and cheaper ways to clean it.

3 Likes

I’m still gnawing at the bit to see what one pass with a master distiller would do to this winterized/decarb bho Crude. Was extracted dry ice cold, dissolved in ethanol then winterized. After was decarb at 250-275f for about 2hrs. I just love no matter how hot I got it and it wouldn’t darken I bet one pass would be water clear

8 Likes

100%!!! I didn’t mean to discourage, my apologies.

1 Like

No apology needed, im glad to see what it looks like since its not practical i figured is have to do it myself. Still will now i just know i would turn out how I figured

1 Like

What’s crc

1 Like

Search bar ??? Crc !

2 Likes

You have been granted the almighty CRC spoon

If you do not read the entire thread in its entirety in one sitting, you are cursed to 444 days of bad luck!

Usually this bad luck entails getting involved with the cannabis industry.

Good luck!

14 Likes

thats clean enough to want to dab

1 Like

O it was …and loaded straight into carts. Was nice

1 Like

Hello Anon81723932,

could you tell me something about the rotation speed of your spinning band destillation system?

I heared you have to use 1000 to 3000 rpm if you want to distillate cannabinoids?

I would be very happy, if you could give me a good advice to this topic.

I also want to use spinning band distillation system to seperate cannabinoids like CBD, delta 9 thc.

I have a spinning band distillation system from Normag/Pfaudler (germany).

Have a nice day.

From what I’ve seen over the years your not gunna be able to effectively seperate cbd for d9 using any type of distillation including the spinning bands

1 Like