Making cannabanoids topically active

no. 70/30 dmso and aloe is a popular mix that can be easilty found on amazon. 70% dmso.

finally. i know some people who can tolerate 100%. i can not. but with aloe mixed in…70/30 or 80/20 below the hip line.

I make all my dog’s medicine with olive oil, both topical and ingest-able. Both forms of application seem to help his pain and benefit his skin. With how dry Wisconsin is in the winter, he really appreciates having cbd olive oil rubbed into his dry skin and sore joints.

Edit: What happens if you push olive oil through AC?

1 Like

i make my personal topical products w/olive. as i give no fucks about the smells. i use almond, grapeseed, coconut all as carriers. what’s ac stand for estokha

1 Like

activated carbon. I was curious if you could scrub olive oil to pull some of the scent off of it.

1 Like

my guess is no…or they would have long ago

Well, the flavor is incorporated into dishes, so I assume it’s desirable in cooking. There’s also olive oil based cosmetic and lotion products now

Get light olive oil.

Virgin is the least processed. Using DE will remove some stuff.

2 Likes

What micron size filter paper do you put below DE?

there are for sure. i’ll take straight up evo and add a dropper of cbd . fantastic

1 Like

@Shockwave Oh. Well good to know! lol

1 Like

I’ve used the same 70/30 mix of DMSO/aloe with no skin irritability

1 Like

Its later and I thank you. Do you have a rough percent of nerolidol to have in the total solution?

Would you suggest using knotweed oil or powder? I imagine the powder is a bad idea because it will just be solid particles in the lotion. What total percentage would you add these at in a lotion? I would like to add these to my current topical mixture to hopefully boost its potential.

Many terpenes serve as permeation enhancers in our topicals.

@WeedThePeople make a tincture from dried root, it grows invasively damn near everywhere- get fresh roots and shred and dry them.

Buying herbal concentrates and especially powders is a total crapshoot due to no real testing for active compounds… powdering a plant and setting g it on a shelf basically destroys the medicine over time

1 Like

I am trying 2.5% based on this.

3 Likes

That makes sence. I appreciate that tip.

I was considering around this amount because thats the percent I have notice terpenes showing up on some coas.

I was also wondering about heat. Battery powered heated knee/elbow/back braces aren’t that expensive.

2 Likes

Any reason they would need to be below 100nm?