Making cannabanoids topically active

High shear doesn’t get them down below 100nm, and the heat generated to get them close is obnoxious to remove at scale.

1 Like

I thought you said you’d found some good results with high pressure homogenization/extrusion. You think this technology is all that’s needed or is there even more ya can’t discuss?

Hard to find this product credible when you refer to “TCH” on the website.

I’ve brought this up- they only sell the stuff.

it’s up to them to QC their website not mine, got way bigger fish to fry.

Linalool is able to penetrate the skin barrier, as is limonene and menthol. Dmso is great for patients with bone cancer, but is a bit overkill and potentially dangerous for drug interactions as well as having other issues mentioned. I have heard great hit and miss with bath bombs, and some postulate that women are more likely to enjoy it because of the increased permeability of their genitals. I know some people who love them as a treat but I’m pretty sure the effects they describe as the high are actually from the magnesium salts. Heat definitely opens pores, so bath bomb makes sense except that without an emulsifier or water soluble.cannabinoids, its going to just float to the surface of the bath water. All things to consider, I suggest looking at the western world’s first published cannabis topical, the holy annointing oil. Marc Emery claimed it did nothing to him but he tested it on a canadian beach in fall and has the thc tolerance of snoop dogg. Just my 3 cents

2 Likes

So my dad talks to this old timer that tells him that CBD pills really really really helps his knees and joint pain.
If this is true who can or would u suggest to try for some samples. I’ll pay for it for him as pain pills are next. The old timer says he takes 750mg cbd. I don’t want my dad taking gas station snake oil

Any thoughts

I read your message and noticed u have topicals for pain, would he need both edibles and topicals for cbd

Source cbd isolate, and cap yourself

2 Likes

That’s a pretty heavy dose of CBD. Maybe what he was taking was a total mg of 750 but actual CBD was less? I imagine some people do take that dose.

1 Like

As someone who uses Horse Liniment for muscle aches, can confirm, too much menthol is unpleasant.

2 Likes

what you guys are looking for is nerolidol.

thank me later.

6 Likes

@stoopkid is right
Neronidol
The darn big bird oil is also good for transdermal transfer
Anybody please help for the birds name :grinning: (Emu)
And dmso
@Shadownaught posted some interesting compounds a while back

6 Likes

Those poor birds lol

4 Likes

I’ve looked at the constituents of emu oil and never have been able to understand what is apparently so magical about it. I honestly think it just became popular because it seems so bizarre that people assume it must be legitimate. Looking at the chemical makeup I think it’s more of a wives tale. All the fatty acids in it are easy to obtain elsewhere.

Nerolidol on the other hand… there’s research on it being used as a penetration enhancer in pharmaceutical drugs. I know of a few other extremely effective FDA approved ones (non-terpenes) but I’m not sharing those for free lol. Another one I know can be used for tinctures as well and I personally think it squashes any “nanoemulsion” formulation out there but there’s some tech you’ve just got to hold close to your chest.

9 Likes

How much do you use?

Just ordered a 120ml bottle to try it out.

@tweedledew If you use DMSO at the right % shouldn’t have these issues you mentioned. Try using it at 5%. I find that it works brilliantly in a topical cream together with essential oils. Perhaps Black pepper for your beta carophyllene and lavender for linalool.

Coco butter or gtfo.

1 Like

I think 5% is even high for DMSO, isn’t it?
I’ve read that anything over 1% isn’t recommended for DMSO.

No not from my experience, I haven’t come across many skin reactions at that concentration.

I know someone who has a homeopathic formulation using 70% DMSO which they’ve been using successfully for years, and from what I’ve seen, it works wonders.

The important thing is ensuring hands and application area are clean from any contaminants before and after applying anything containing DMSO.

Each to their own I guess…

1 Like

Came across this. Relevant section is

3.4. Topical and Transdermal Route

1 Like

i actually read that cold pressed olive was the most medicinal and transdermal. one of the reasons it is not used in the cosmetic world or topical world is the smell.