Make Tincture w/ Distillate

Not trying to be rude here but if he didn’t know about the solubility in ethanol, I doubt he know’s about a lipid. I agree that MCT is better

4 Likes

Not sure. Never made a tincture in my life. That’s why I’m coming into here for questions haha

Your total alcohol content in your tincture must be below .5% or you need to register with the atf and pay alcohol taxes on it.

6 Likes

So what would be the best course of action here then? To make a proper tincture?

That’s one hell of a spoon. Aren’t you an edible company?

7 Likes

Best answer : Oral THC/CBD oil - #3 by Akoyeh

4 Likes

I may try adding distillate to ethanol. Homonize properly, then add to water. I’m not sure if the distillate will fall out of suspension.

I think this is what the OP is wanting to do

1 Like

Everything company.

I’ll try everclear & MCT Oil and see what works best :laughing:

You should use the search function some more im pretty sure tinctures are well covered here in many many other threads

3 Likes

No, it won’t keep the oil suspended when you mix the ethanol/oil mix into them-

You can prepare a emulsion or nano-encapsulate the oil to make it soluble in water, you’ll need to also preserve the oil in some fashion as the presence of water will cause it to go rancid quickly

5 Likes

This is patently false information

2 Likes

Mct will be a fail in a drink

Everclear is usually 120 proof. Also a fail due to the water content.

If you want me to formulate a product for you and hold your hand doing it, you can pay me for guidance.

Ive made infusions for the past 10 years. Here comes my haters lol

3 Likes

Depends on the location. It’s 190 proof in Washington

4 Likes

Do you know how to dose edibles? If you know that do that same formula with MCT oil, Coconut oil or any oil with a 90%+ MCT count. Literally figure out how much MG a Ml you want mix the 2 and there ya go. You can add essential oils and terps to be extra heady and aid in the snakesoilmanship(i mean they help but everyone acts like its the cure)

3 Likes

Lmao!!!

2 Likes

Why wouldnt you use glycerin and an emulsifier?

Codeine and all other cough syrups use glycerin…

1 Like

Glycerin was the first thing that came to my mind too. But looking back on it, when the ‘strawberry cough’ glycerin tincture was a huge thing around my area 10 years ago- shit absolutely never got me high, and i am very lightweight with edibles. Vegetable glycerin with only pull about 10% of what thc/cbd is available in whatever you are putting in there. Does not contain an oil/fat or alcohol, so really not going to make a highly efficient or effective tincture.

2 Likes

Same in Massachusetts

Lol did you just read the ardent cannabis article or something?

Chemically, glycerine is a trihydric alcohol , capable of being reacted as an alcohol yet stable under most conditions.

1 Like