Made 1 year growing😎 made bubble hash for the 1st time

Whats sup guys!!! Made 1 year of growing so decided to make some bubble hash. Drying for about 2 days now. Some of it is a diff color, is that because is from the top micron bag (well 2nd bag from the top)……how do i know if its dry?..…can i mix it all up??

1 Like

Seems to me like there’s a lot of plant material in there just from how it looks, what size micron bags are those pulled out of?

My first recommendation to any newcomer to making bubble hash is to check out Frenchy’s videos - beautiful point of reference from a man who truly understood this art front and back.

10 Likes

The dark ones is from the top micron bags so that’s the plant material. Is it smokeable? The others r not dark. How do I know when it’s dry enough?

Without any further info, I’m wondering if you may have not thoroughly rinsed the trichs through the micron bags enough. You can do it with a little pump sprayer and ice cold water, really need to spray the shit out of every layer till you don’t see a hint of green/chlorophyll though.

4 Likes

It will dry a lot faster if you use the little pressing screen that probably came with your bubble bags. Paper towels outside the screen pull out the water. A longer drying time might be causing oxidation that darkens your color.

1 Like

Let it dry before pressing … nice job.

1 Like

vac seal or turkey bag your buds fresh off the plant, take off big sugar leaves and stems. pack it in a cooler of dry ice. profit.

How many washes are you putting each bag of biomass through? Wash time? Temperature outside while washing? What micron screens are you using - 45u, 73u and a 120 if you have a lot of material are usually a good start.

There are many variables that affect your output here. Give us more details about your process, and we can help you get a better colour.

If you’re going to air dry, surface area is your friend. Hash clumps aren’t the way to go. As another user said, wicking away moisture with 25 micron print screens will help your dry process.

1 Like

Sorry I should’ve said how I did it. I used a bubble hash machine. The dark color is from the 2nd to top micron bag.

I used a bubble hash machine. Sorry I should’ve said that in the beginning

Thanks should I put it in the freezer?

You want to get the bud down to temperature as fast as you can, that’s why I suggested dry ice. Leave it in the D.I. cooler for like a half hour, and then you can store your now fresh frozen(ish) material in the freezer. Just use a portable cooler and don’t seal the lid fully

Edit: you’re talking about the already dried hash. You could freeze it, and then sift the chunks to get smaller pieces to air dry. Circle back to more surface area

Looks like spent toilet paper. Change your SOP.

1 Like

You may think you have adequately described your process, you have not.

Your “bags” could be anywhere between 25&300um.

You might have three bags in your set, you might have eight.

You might have run with or without ice in your water, and for all we know you ran that “bubble hash machine” of unknown design or origin for three hrs to achieve that.

It’s great you’re here trying to get pointers, but if you can’t define for folks what you did, you’re not gonna get anywhere.

So collect your thoughts, and the information on the kit you used & how, and try telling us what you did so that we could not only repeat it exactly, but can actually imagine ourselves doing it…without having to drag every single detail out of you.

5 Likes

How was this made?

-By Hand with a Paddle/Spoon

Or

-Automated with a modded Washing Machine like Bubble Magic

How long were your washes?

You should see yellow and then strained and scrape bags. Wash again with the same water until you see it go yellow again then strain it. Repeat that three times.

Optionally: Then strain your washing water cause you could be missing stuff

Then start your wash with your material with fresh water and add more ice if you’ve lost a significant amount.

It’s best to do it by hand if you’re not doing it industrially/to sell because you can color chase way easier.

MACHINES ARE ASS I’ve never tried a centrifuge or a c02 assisted keg wash but I’m not in the industry or making money from this hobby so I just want what takes less time but not sacrificing all quality

My order from top to bottom 220>190>120>73

I don’t use 25um any more cause it takes fuckin’ forever.

The best way it was explained is: What color are we always chasing for extraction ? Yellow!

I’ve only done 5 Gal washes and my best one was done in the winter when I did it in my freezing cold kitchen.

Not trying to be a dick but that whiteish ‘I listen to hot country and take pictures in fields with my family wearing matching outfits’ (ok I was trying to be a dick there but not in totality) khaki color is what you want. Yellow isn’t usually a color I’m looking for when I’m washing personally - I usually think there’s some sort of filth or rot going on if I see something in the yellowish or green area. Green ‘suds’ also is a sign that you beat the living shit out of your plant material too much and it is now ‘micro-shit’ that will slip through a lot of if not all of your filtration - You seriously walk a fine line when it comes to ‘just enough’ and ‘too much’ agitation to break the trichs free

4 Likes

Yellow? Bubble hash?

Sorry NO…you don’t want yellow bubble hash

Golden rosin is ok. But yellow bubble hash is weird.

We want that very light gray or white color

3 Likes

I’m assuming he’s talking about the wash water color. Little misleading as half of strains are gonna give purple wash water though.

3 Likes

This is more the color you’re going for. This is 70-160 micron, so can’t blame any microns for a dark color. You just really need to rinse the shit out of it.

Keep at it, and watch those frenchy cannoli videos that sub linked you to.

9 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like