Machine learning in pharmacology, analytics, drug design and more

Figured I’d share some stuff I’ve been reading.
There’s so many applications for computational chemistry. If anyone has input I’d love to hear.

7 Likes

oh great, now we’ve got AI’s suggesting “Dude, you should try this shit…”?!?

13 Likes

I’ve got a fair bit of experience in using ML for pattern recognition and analysis of time series data, but that’s a vastly different area than this one is. Pretty neat stuff.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you for sharing this.

I used to call this “nintendo chemistry” back in the day. Those fuckers just needed to change their data set, press play, and they’d get a publication in 72 hours. Versus those of us doing actual chemistry which got 2 to 3 publications in a year.

2 Likes

Ran across this company recently and found it fascinating.

Super Computer + Ai + Biology + Chemistry = Rapid Drug Building.

Very cool going to dive into your article here too looks great
(this isn’t exactly what you’re talking about but deff related)
Hope you find it interesting as I did.

1 Like

I can’t wait till cannabanoid / drug producing yeasts hit the markets. I heard a team cracked it but of course it got shuttled due to the obvious abuse potential of any joe smoe being able to essentially grow any compound they want out some yeast, i can see the homemade yeast vats meow. wonder if AI can help there to bring it to the masses.

Oh man. I just read that article. You can tell who wrote it has a hard on for law enforcement and plan to use it for corrupt prohibition instead of the counter. Someone needs to get this software and store it safely for public use before it becomes law enforcement use only.
Gonna just start seeing AI petitions for every possible analog of everything ever on behalf of big pharma and other corrupt SOBS… Dang that’s depressing. I was all excited to. =(
Hate our fascist overreaching gov and their endless resources.
They already banning things fast as they can this is not good at all =(

It certainly does have its value. I was researching ligand interactions with dopamine receptors using computational chemistry when i was in school. Every molecule i drew into Maestro was something currently found in pre-workouts and they were all variations of meth or cocaine. Having a predictive AI that can preemptively ban this stuff in supplements is certainly a positive. But the patent trolls will definitely use it to their advantage.