MA Only: How much are you making an hour. ONLY Retail|Extraction Processors|Growers

Massachusetts cannabis industry workers:

How much are you making an hour as a;

Retail/Customer Service Agent
Extraction Processor
Grower/Cultivator

I read that Growers make the least and Processors make the most.

4 Likes

I have been in an extraction lab for 3 years legally in ma. I get 22 an hour now. Started at 20.

3 Likes

Most of cultivation and packaging make 15-20 an hour depending how long you have worked for the company

3 Likes

I’m in Montana and am a salaried manager.

The techs make $20 and the packagers make $15

2 Likes

Im in Virginia and our extraction staff starts at $19/hr. Some who have been with us for at least 2 years make over $20/hr. They are able to extract, distill and isolate so that equals faster advancement.

I know this thread is “MA Only” but wanted to show what the southeast is paying

3 Likes

Can I get a smarty pants in here to get a poll going to collect this data? Extra points for graphs. The purpose would be to collect data about hourly wages of employees in plant touching businesses.

State
Role:
Retail/Customer Service Agent
Extraction Processor
Hourly wage

@sidco
Grower/Cultivator

@GroovyOctopusLabs I don’t want to derail your thread. We could split this if you want.

8 Likes

I’m okay with starting a graph/poll rather than just a broad asking.

Okay, let’s start a new thread with the poll or someone who’s on a higher level can add it to my OP.

When the thread with the poll is up you guys can delete this one :octopus:.

3 Likes

As an extractions team lead in MA I’m making $24/hr

2 Likes

26 Likes

You’d think it’d be in the 28$/hr range.

1 Like

Bruh my asst. manager/supervisor makes prob like 26.50 max :unamused:

2 Likes

That’s fucked up.

2 Likes

With all the knowledge and time, effort and money one could potentially be putting into all this…

It just seems like there should be an rpi on the ount of money you put into learning

2 Likes

Sounds like there’s a gap in the market!

The perfect opportunity for GroovyOctopusLabs to offer assistant managers $80k/yr and start techs at $25. Show us how it’s done!

13 Likes

Yeah right!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Things are just the way they are. :octopus:

I wish I could provide that kind of opportunity in a state with high rent and a bad housing market.

In a state that has a higher percentage of doctors, lawyers and programmers.

Though given the Cannabis industry is what only 4-6 years really in when it comes to Massachusetts recreational market.

… Over production as well as a lot of techs being over worked and under paid

I guess because it’s an unstable market it’s not really something people want to give much attention to the amount of time effort and dedication it takes to do the duties performed to serve the public safe product…

I’m literally still a custy too. … I just read what’s going on and hope for change and better pay for the industry workers.

440$/ ounce of “top tier” … If that was 120$ how quick do you think it would run out?

…

1 Like

Considering the food and beverage industry pays quite a bit more for similar roles, I imagine the only reason people would stay in those entry level cannabis industry jobs is due to personal interest. After that wears off, my guess is people move on.

Is that the case? Is the turnover rate higher than it is in food and beverage? Is there less upward mobility?

4 Likes

Well being a hash maker for a living sounds pretty cool. And idk if you forgot but cool is currency

8 Likes

3 Likes

100% the case on all those. Massachusetts is a giant corporate squeeze. Google about the ccc and the stuff going on internally. 99% of product on retail shelves is radiation/ozone remediated, it is alloverpriced and/or garbage. You cant look or smell anything youd like to buy in a rec store, I dunno about med Ive never used my card in mass. Every single dispensary is a weed apple store with diversity quotas and thc % pushed higher than anything else. The turnover is some of the highest of any industry in mass. The people who run these places are only interested in who will give them the most work for the least money. There is no upward movement because the facilities are all designed like a mcdonalds, you can only go so high. The pay scale is the exact same too. Except the building that you work in can gross 30 million in a year and you get free shitty weed sometimes. Also testing result fraud going on almost across the board. Proverde labs in mass recently did a thing where they posted results of a preroll that tested at 32% thc or something like that, it was actually 15 or 12% if im not mistaken and also failed the molds screening… after being bought out of a storefront. I have tons of stories of people going to dispos and getting a 1.7 or 2.6 instead of an eighth… that you spent maaybe 20 bucks but actually 30-50 bucks on plus town tax, sales tax, state tax, and probably another tax that says “youre retarded” next to it. Its a money printer for the state, investors, and the board members of the companies. Its another case of the american masses who are blissfully ignorant getting their time wasted and pockets raped. Imagine trimming up pounds and pounds, probably 5 hours a day so youre not legally required to have a break, or even 8 hours a day or more with over time, to make uh 21.75 no benefits. Or putting 20k into a cash register in one day to make 19 dollars an hour minus taxes. No one should call it legalization its actually commercialization or corporatization. One of the prerequisites for getting licensure recreationally is having 1 million dollars in liquid assets if im not mistaken. The handful of times I’ve visited a dispensary in mass theyve given me Concentrate thats not the consistency that its labeled and cardboard flower. It is a complete scam. I feel bad for anyone who works in a dispensary in mass, the places where you want to work are production or extraction places but it is still mcdonalds.

6 Likes