MA Distillate Price at Dispensary

Older folks are who they prey on.

1 Like

And tourists.

1 Like

MA does this to everything. It’s a very old place that still holds on to its puritain roots and is in constant conflict between the large populations of both liberal and conservative residents. MA is fairly progressive (legal weed, gay marriage, etc) but beurocracy and nepotism ruin it all. There is a tremendous amount of wealth and skilled labor around Boston so all the retail shops assume they’ll get rich just selling $80 vape carts to soccer moms, totally ignoring the fact that blue collar folks make up a much larger percentage of the consumer base.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

I saw $45 for 200 mg carts (AKA $225/gram) out of Shoreganix in NJ. You can see their online wares here.

The owner (who for me, the jury is still out on) talks a lot about “patients over profit” and does a lot of what seems like legitimate advocating for the industry in NJ. But at the same time, talk is fuckin cheap compared to how much his company attempts to rip off lay people. I tried confronting him about it (“look I know what it costs to produce this stuff, why is yours so expensive?” and so on) and it sort of just fell on deaf ears or the answer was dismissive.

1 Like

They also figure that by over pricing they’ll get the “it pays for its self” margin back quicker… That motto doesn’t always work. By making a medium charge of 30$ grams of concentrate and 5$ grams of cannabis they’d get more customers. I said it once before, they’ll tax the shit out the consumer after getting lbs for a cheaper price than the ounces they sell and then wonder why the consumer chooses the black market

. - Why Are Concentrates and Cannabis So Much!!! -

Well good news about Massachusetts though is that if you’re a Medical Cannabis Patient you will not be taxed the state and excise tax. So a $40/8th will be $40 not $68 (I think 68$ recreationally idk I don’t buy recreational cannabis). It’s nutty but like I get it.

Medical patients defiently have a huge advantage in MA, many dont want to deal with it. I think its $200 for the card? Youd make that back in savings on taxes really fast lol

2 Likes

Annually . You have to renew it every year

But if you get it and come to Maine you’ll save much more then $200 a year

2 Likes

Does main reciprocate MA cards?

1 Like

NORML Says, Yes! https://norml.org/legal/item/maine-medical-marijuana

1 Like

Well no shit. I’ve never had a problem getting a card in most states since I have chrons disease, but I never bothered to really check reciprocity in other states in the northeast

1 Like

I heard edibles are the best for Chrons from somewhere I forget where. But honestly I could be wrong or just hearing misinformation

Bruh ill buy all ur disty if its 1/g lol

4 Likes

I’ll double this offer lol.

1 Like

It costs me $1.50 a gram to make. Not a dollar. But the idea that something we can make for $0.75 (1/2 gram) ends up costing $60. There’s a serious flaw in the system.

5 Likes

Most forms of consumption are good for different aspects of chrons. I find the anti-inflammatory and nausea relief to be the most beneficial.

Smoking/vaping usually treats chrons related nausea in 5-20 minutes

Enteric capsules get all the way down to the small intestine before release which gives a decent anti-inflammatory effect

3 Likes

Wait until NY comes to the rec playing field. Tons of New Yorkers making the drive to Mass for dispo items. Plus in the summer the gold coast is littered with money and tourists so that I’m sure don’t help.

1 Navel Orange retail = $1.50/each
8lb bag (24 oranges) = ($6.50) $0.27/each
Ton (6000 oranges) = ($500) $0.08/each
Farmers production cost = ($250) 0.04/each
Theres a 37.5x markup cost from production level cost to retail individual.
If ur producing at 0.75 and its marked up 37.5x thats about 28 for a half gram.
That $60 half gram recreationally taxed distilate was probably around $48 before tax right?
Still fucked up prices

Well either way it’s fucked up to promise affordable access and then charge ota for everything. They basically mimicked home grow prices when home grow was considered a top shelf. I remember when some fucks would really try to push a 250$-300$/ounce cause “it’s home grown exotics”