Luna tech Elara

You think a mag-drive setup would work on something requiring high torque and high rotational inertia?

1 Like

The initial specs suggested they might…

1 Like

Hmmmm now that I think about it. You could pull different fractions with a fuge. Though how would post processing go? You would need to create filter housings/crc’s that are that are kept at -40c and are able to keep a seemless flow with low to no clogging.

Yes. It’s a non-trivial problem, but it’s absolutely possible. It gets harder if you want a basket that is 100% decoupled from the shell vertically and laterally, but is doable.

I think a combination of permanent and electromagnets is probably the best way if the whole “big electromagnets means big electrons” part of the equation can be handled.

I’ve tried to get several mfgs to try a hydrocarbon fuge since 2019

The key would be to do as many runs feasible with the same butane over and over till it reaches it saturation for cannabis extractables so you could have massive throughput on 150 lbs of solvent

Then shoot it through a membrane that doesn’t exist for hydrocarbon recovery

Then shoot the tincture to a crystallizer to separate terps and THCA, this will be the bottle neck but can be sized to fit as many runs that occur in the time frame it takes to crash and filter.

I’m gonna go patent this process too.

Sure sounds like It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more to me

Does not exist according to who?

3 Likes

Point me in the right direction for a ASME 250 psi hydrocarbon rated membrane and housing and skid

That sure sounds like a buy a clue level request to me.

3 Likes

Thought that thread was for ethanol. My b

It is for ethanol. The underlying theory is the same.

@ChangMinXD you should figure out some hydrocarbon recovery/dewax/crc membranes and put them bitches on a skid.

@magisterchemist has a hydrocarbon membrane system

CRC embedded slide-in filters?

Unless I’m mistaken, the membrane he has on offer is for dewaxing/polishing. I’m not sure if he has one for terpene separation yet.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you just make giant crc’s with rated sight glasses on the side so you can see the process?

Then send it to a ffe into the crystalizer. Have the ffe have it set to a few different outputs with dip tubes into different crystalizers that are different fractions of purity spun with the fuge.

I suppose you could. It’s not how I’d do it.
I’d go with recirculated extraction to polishing membrane to solvent recovery membrane to crystallizer.

So would that be a dewaxing column with a bunch of filters?

Which orientation would you have it: Horizontal or Vertical.

Nope, membrane like most other membranes.

Cannabinoids and solvent go forward, stuff you don’t want doesn’t.

Would it still be kept super cold? :octopus:

It could be. There are a million ways to skin a cat. It depends entirely on the shape of your problem and what you want the final product to look like.