Lowest Micron With GL Fittings?

First official flush out of the eBay pump, no clue what they used it for before me.

40 microns and declining with FF-10 flushing oil. Going to run for an hour and then ballast for an hour. Then put regular vac oil in and see how we did. I wanted to do a kerosene flush but my pump has a plastic eye leve and heard it could damage it. If I get to <20 micron I’ll be. A happy man.

Update: reached 38 micron blanked off. I’m not exactly happy with it but it’s cleaned out atleast. Could be fittings, we have hooked up by the end of the week

1 Like

2 years on a cow and tubes… wtf was I thinking! (100 micron 180 Celsius) going to mains soon will update micron

Update: hitting mains at 180-185… it’s a beautiful thing.:yellow_heart: micron 85

4 Likes

That Alcatel needs a rebuild at 40 micron. I think anything above 15 micron on them pumps on clean oil is considered outta spec.

The 3 I had would constantly get to 6 micron.

You open the ballets when u flushed it? Most of my eBay pumps took a minimum of 3x flushes to get them to low micron.

2 Likes

I ran hot with oil in first, then only flushed/ran it one time for an hour because I was short on time with ballast running half the time . I will continue to flush after this run. I pulled 30 microns less after first flush. Thanks for the tips

And thanks for this kick ass cold trap​:+1::sunglasses:

I’m just happy I’m moving forward and not backward! I’ll post 2nd run micron tomorrow after flushes.

1 Like

Why is my boiling flask reacting a lot then goes to Standstill every 20-30 secs…?

My spd is not clogged

Stir bar? I have like a .8 inch stir oval stir bar wondering if that is too small…

@Distillight

1 Like

Think it had something to do with head temperature, I wrapped it in foil and looked to be a consistent boil. I run a plug on my head so no clue.

Although my run took me around 7-8 hours, I had mantel at 215 to do a quick first pass. I got amber distillate bulk but the heat didnt seem like it helped much. might lower down to like 205 on my first passes now

It’s usually the larger the better with stirbars. I have some 2 inch ones and even a rare earth magnet one if you’re interested. I even have a great Edwards vac gauge you might want to add to your fullbore setup to allow for lower vac.

Hit me up in the dms.

2 Likes

What edwards gauge the p3 @Renchi?

2 Likes

@The_Lone_Stiller

Yes, that one exactly.

How much @Renchi?

@The_Lone_Stiller

I sent you a dm

The gauge goes for 750 if anyone is interested. Hit me up in the dms.

1 Like