Lowest Micron With GL Fittings?

Yeah- you have leaks-
Have you seen those ptfe sleeves that fit a 24/40 flange?
Super great, make a leak free seal and eliminate the need for grease, which is obnoxious and easily contaminated your product

1 Like

I have a 24/40 ptfe sleeve on my BF to head connection. But I greased it so next time Iā€™ll try without any and see if anything changes

Not CBD

Pic for fun
Not exactly mad at color but I would obviously love to do better!

Donā€™t run without grease.

Have you blanked off the pump as the venerable @cyclopath reccomended?

I have not I will make sure to do that, my finger on my vac gauge just couldnā€™t hold past 200 micron. Gonna buy a cap for it and try.

Dm me Iā€™ll send you one, I have a pile of em

2 Likes

Hey do gl 18 fittings fit on the same barb as a gl 14?

So Iā€™ve decided on going full bore on my 2L SPD. I bought a single adapter cow, and killa12345 ss cold trap. going to be all bellow hosing, with a pressure release valve on a 4way kf25.

Problem is I totally forgot about a vacuum gauge. Iā€™m currently using a supco copper fitting vacuum gauge. My question is if I hook up a 3/8 barb to one of the 4 way and just had a rubber line go to the gauge and a cap on the end of the gauge would that limit my micron on the machine or just limit what Iā€™m seeing on the gauge.

Me patiently waiting for my full bore kitā€¦:sob: gotta isolate something!

1 Like

Going down still by .5, this is with a 1/4 supco fitting and a 3/8 barb to pump with a vacuum rubber hose and hose clamps.
Cold start on pump

Could it be be bottleneck because of adapters? And/or hosing? Didnā€™t get any jumps around on micron so I donā€™t think leaks are an issue

Iā€™d put it on the top with a kf25 cross and find and adapter from that to kf25 or use a kf25 to barb and set it up with a mini piece of tubing. Iā€™d keep the spd 24/40 or larger all the way to the pump

1 Like

Wonder if I could just get a 1/4 female to kf25 and acre her right in side ways. I was thinking that or like a 1/4 stainless braided water line tied to both1/4 males.

What Iā€™m wondering if if my system is all 24/40 with bellows and my vac gauge is just a 1/4 would the reading in my vac gauge be higher micron then. What on my system actually is pulling @Killa12345 @cyclopath

That is if I have it all connect to a 3 or 4 way kf25 cross

Looks like youā€™re still pulling through the gauge. THAT will slow you down.

No. Going THROUGH the gauge would cause a restriction, which would lower your CFM, which would make fighting a leak or the actually boiling of stuff in your flask harder to keep up with.

The smaller the volume you need to evacuate (short, small bore tubing) the faster you will hit you ultimate vac level (blank off value).

2 Likes

Thank you @cyclopath Iā€™m putting a lot of money and I keep buying outdated stuff. I really appreciate your replies :pray: I plan on doing a full flush with pump and seeing if I can drop the micron even more.

Have a great weekend will update thread once I pull on full system!

Just posting because this :fire::fire: Cant wait to use it! It was between Davidā€™s cold trap or @Killa12345 pretty sure I made the right decision :heart_eyes::sunglasses:

Iā€™m sure both would of been great but Iā€™m digging this SS cold trap!

5 Likes

Everytime I see a heating manelt with one of those funky ass covers. I always think to myself: mother fucker, Iā€™ll never do spd until I have one of those because it takes away needing that rope stuff.

1 Like

Do I detect a cold finger :yum:

1 Like

Dude thatā€™s a sick fucking cold trap.

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually heated also

Total this mantle gas under 2kw hearing power and I ht 4 liters an hour np

Gonna use a different key and see if I can hit 4.5

This thing clears fraction so quick, heads and reaching temp takes like an hour max

1 Like

Thanks I always heard about the stainless cold traps and always thought it would be cool to have. Shipped to my door 2-3 days, that was over the weekend also. super heavy duty cold trap and I love the lid so contain the dry ice. This cold trap is probably fine for my 2L but I would love to rock a dual stainless cold trap setupā€¦ would be nasty lol

1 Like