Low Levels of Pesticides Easily Filtered Out?

I know that typically speaking chromatography and LLE is needed to remove pesticides efficiently, especially if they have large levels of them. I was wondering, has anyone experimented with using a vac filtration setup like a hochstrom filter or beaker and wrench filter loaded with magsil, to try to filter out pesticides? Lets say you are trying to get out .5ppm of myclo. Could doing a saline wash and ghetto filtration through one of these types of filters have any possibility of removing the pesticides efficiently? I was thinking about trying it out just for shits and giggles but wanted to see if anyone had any experiences or recommendations before I try something stupid!

Im not sure what thread it was in but i do believe someone did something similar and it worked

1 Like

For Mylo try straight hot water/ hot distillat (or crude) washes. Worked for me. LOTS of hot water, no other solvents.

2 Likes

Looking for opinion
Clorphenapyl showed up in the crude after cat three triM was run . Very mild 0.168
It was not on the trim Coa … what chance of washing this out do we have ? Should we take it all the way to distillate and add terpenes to “dilute “ and hopefully get rid of it or any other methods
Highly appreciate any advice

Did you mean Chlorfenapyr or maybe Chlorpyrifos? Never heard of “Clorphenapyl”

Yes it was a typo …

I’m curious too. Assuming that @notagreedybroker meant Chlorfenapyr, I just had a similar situation happen. Trim tested clean but micro extraction popped for Chlorfenapyr at 0.8 (lab’s LOQ for Chlorfenapyr is 0.09). Anything above LOQ on Chlorfenapyr is a Cat 3 “fail” in Cali. Both were tested by one of the better labs in CA, whom I’ve been using for 5+ years.

Would still love to take down the trim, but need distillate to pass METRC Cat 3 when all is said and done. Is there an effective way to remediate this?

2 Likes

Well our buyer learned a hard lesson … instead of returning the trim. They ran 100lbs … into crude and the pest concentrated … once they took it to distillate in tripled :woman_facepalming:t2:… luckily supplier was very understanding and replaced product