Low dose CBD DIY

1k word substitutes are grand, but this particular one leaves way too much to the imagination…

any chance we can actually see what you made?

what do you mean by “triple dose”?
guesstimate at potency?!?

eg: ballpark: 100g at 15% into 500ml ==> 30mg/ml

1 Like

lol. the youtubers are great…they were using 1/2 oz of cbd flower to every cup of mct oil. so i used 1 and 1/2 oz per cup of oil. strained it out and then with that same oil added another 1 and 1/2 oz flower and put it the oil from the 1st batch and then ran it through the instant pot again. nothing exact about what i did. but with a lb flower you can make 3 gallons of this stuff and then send it in for your $65 test to find out where your at on potent scale if you need to. im not selling it.

1 Like

To achieve a rough 30mg/ml using a similar methodology we would use 5lbs post decarb to 2.5 gallon MCT. 8-10% material. It yields less liquid than that obviously depending on how much you can squeeze out. And you have to do two “dunks” in the same volume of MCT

2 Likes

thats how you say it quickly. 2 dunks in the same oil. losing 1/2 cup oil in process. lol thats how you say it.

1 Like

:wink:

now show us what it actually looks like…

there’s to much detritus in it. but i’m going to do round 2 because what the hay, it’s fun . i bought 25 micron resin bags for the next batch.

and i have a big stash can (55gal drum).

tease!

but seriously, noting that it “needs filtration” for shelf appeal is not inappropriate.

the object of the game here is “simple”, “effective” and “at home”. So showing the results of said “simple”, even before filtration, is helpful to those following along at home.

imo

2 Likes

it tastes great no issues there at all. lol tune in for the next installment of diy cbd oil.

1 Like

thank you for this info. very helpful. did you use a total of 10lbs of material for the double dunk.

1 Like

You’ve been given all the volumes and weights, along with the starting and ending potency.

Why not try working the math?

edit: 2250g of 10% in 9.4 liters => ~24mg/ml

so No, that was 5lbs total.

we’ve also got “about gal to cover a lb” to fall back on.
so getting 5lb into 2.5gal is going to take two rounds…

2 Likes

dude … do the math. lol thats hilarious. so i should have said “on the 1st “dunk” did you use 2 1/2 lbs?” and “then on the 2nd “dunk” did you use a fresh 2 1/2 lbs for a total of 5lbs?” but thank you for working out the math for me. appreciate it.

is it?
how about handing a noob a 500mg brownie?
is that hilarious too?

it’s not like it’s difficult…

the object is to up everybodies game.
making that math part of every formulation or extraction you do will up your game.

sure, or you could have guesstimated how much CBD it would take to make 2.5gal of 30mg/ml, and checked that number against 5lb. as shown.

do it until it’s second nature.
because dosage matters.

1 Like

i made hella brownies for my nephew the other day and it was kinda funny. unexperienced people not funny, i actually feel very sorry for someone who gets dosed like that. almost equal to a very bad trip on old timey acid. i do not wish that on anyone.

you could probably come up with an approximate dosage on those…

just so your nephew understands his limits.

guesstimate of input potency, and number of brownies needed.
assumes you weighed the weed :wink:

edit: I know from experience that I don’t really notice doses below about 50mg. that 100mg gets me high, 200mg makes me fall down, and on 300mg or above I bounce. ie full on psychedelic experience. I’ll run any edible maker through the math to get a guesstimate on potency before ingesting. then update them with my best guess after sampling.

1 Like

yes i weighed the weed and topped it off with a little extra bang (oil)

1 Like

the edit is as funny as shit

1 Like

Question on this whole subject: What is the mechanism for releasing cannabinoids from the trichomes in a room temp mct extraction? Does the MCT dissolve the trichome wax/fat (not sure on that) structure of the head?

1 Like

i wish 100mg would get me high :confused:

2 Likes

i decarbed before hand using the instant pot method. when making other type of oil i would decarb after alcohol extraction. i followed the youtubers because i wanted to know how simple and effective their was. and it was simple and very good.

1 Like

It seems that mct sort of dissolves trichomes. My guess is that it diffuses inside trichomes, makes them swell and eventuably rupture.

1 Like