<LOQ = Fail!?!? But how can they do that?

Anybody ever see this BS before?Encore reports <LOQ Less than Limit Of Quantization but fail? What a load …

Thinking I should send it to another lab and say a prayer?

what do you guys think? Have you ran into this before? This makes four bag and tag micro extraction fails in a row. Having the hardest time finding clean trim in the open market

Did you try acid/base wash to degrade the pesticide? Maybe follow it with a silica plug🤷‍♀️

If you look closely, their limit of detection (LOD) is the same as the state limit on that pesticide. Their limit of quantification (LOQ) is higher than the state limit for that pesticide. Therefore you can be below the LOQ and still fail because it was detectable but not quantifiable.

2 Likes

To reiterate what Dr Stanky said, it looks like they are not capable of detecting Chloropyrifos down to the actual limit that you need to hit (ie their LOQ is greater than the allowable limit). The result is not ND therefore it was technically a fail because they can’t accurate quantify the concentration that low. My advice is to submit this to another testing company that has an LOQ that matches the pesticide limit, or is actually smaller than the pesticide limit. It’s possible that the concentration of Chloropyrifos in your sample is between 0.0001 - 0.05 ug/g which could be confirmed with a more accurate testing company.

1 Like

Pretty much right on the nose, a good explanation for how you can reach this result. The next question is however, if their instruments aren’t sensitive enough for that test should they be used for it?

4 Likes

Yes I get that, I have ran HPLCs myself. my point is, you guys know What a chromatogram looks like. They failed me over something they can’t even accurately detect. <LOQ is basically noise. I’m gonna call them this morning and send it to another lab. I hate how they can kill a $20k plus deal over noise. If you can’t accurately quantify it, you shouldn’t be able to report a fail, right?