Looking to Work Under License

Actual email received this week.

Sure fellas come on in let me teach you everything I know for absolutely zero benefit on my part

What happened to working your way up and learning each process as you go through EMPLOYMENT lol

Even had a member here ask if we were “renting space” under our license or if they could “come fill their cartridges at our place if they purchase our distillate”

These offers are literally hilarious to me…

10 Likes

$30 wholesale is the top end of the market, that’ll be roughly $90 on the shelf depending on the municipality. Hell, I can buy good licensed live rosin for $20 a gram right now.

The legal market in CA is a lot more competitive than you appear to understand. The solventless market is even more competitive due to the tiny customer base and incredibly low barriers to entry.

I own a type 6, and I wouldn’t even begin to consider your proposal until you can demonstrate that you are a marketing genius. That is the short fall I see here, you have not demonstrated how you’re going to actually get people to buy this. I don’t care what contracts you have. If it doesn’t move off the store shelf, it won’t work.

I.e. Terdz your life up

3 Likes

Let me offer you zero start up cost etc zero risk entirely and take full responsibility for your completely unproven products from a liability standpoint because this offer clearly demonstrates you don’t understand your industry or the legal business side of doing this but I do feel like you’ll just get lucky. And by you getting lucky I’ll get 10% of that for offering you all the above plus free space to work and get there

@willybillys offer is dead on unless you are contracting a white label for your brand and products in which you hire that company to produce and package your products, made from your material, into your packaging, and delivered to you or your customers etc under the license number all of which has been paid for in full beforehand.

3 Likes

Life is trippy

Don’t give up use the info provided here and start developing a real business proposal that you are proud of and can stand behind

8 Likes

Lol…

The only deal I will do if it’s not my license is rent space. You can charge me extra… I get it. It’s cannabis space.

I just don’t want you looking in my pockets every month and seeing how much money I make. That leads to bad relationships.

I’ve had to pay to get a full background check done for a cannabis company but they reimbursed me after. I think I had to pay like $50 upfront for something for the state too but I’m sure they reimbursed that too. So it’s not unheard to have to pay some fees upfront but these were forms that had to be submitted by the individual (before being officially employed by the company).

3 Likes

Most large companies pay upfront and just have you agree with the third party bg companies

My god this reminds me of It’s Always Sunny… but then again everything does.

13 Likes

I snorted

1 Like

For me I had to personally go through the whole checkout process and fill out personal info, sign off on it, get it notarized etc so to have them pay beforehand would be a lot of extra steps. With that company they had me set up an Expensify account and they reimbursed everything for travel/hotel/$40 for food every day/etc so reimbursements were pretty much common practice from the start. They were pretty generous about reimbursing for pretty much everything so some fees up front were nothing unusual.

If it was like an entry level position where it’s not expected for you to track reimbursements then yeah it’d be kind of strange.

1 Like

Instead of shitting on homeboys dreams let’s give him suggestions as to what would work.

Maybe start off in sales for solventless company so you can have a proven track record of the accounts you can bring in. It seems like your contacts are part of what you bring to the table. You don’t need to process to monetize those relationships.

It’s all automated these days.

Companies like Checkr.com

Will have you send signatures and pull and send both you and employer reports and employer the bill