Looking to purchase/demo a sonicator (New England area)

Looking to purchase/demo a sonicator to test the solubility of cbd/cbg/cbn with a variety of different emulsifiers (oil/water). My goal is to test the solubility and stability of the solution for a hemp seltzer that I would like to bring to market in 2022.

I have done some light research and see there’s a large range of sonicators and homgenizers that range from $4,500 (hielscher) to $16,000 (sonomechanics). I understand from the water soluble thread (see link below) that I should be looking for a, “Ultrasonic Homogenizer (must reached 20Khz frequency)” but as a novice to sonicators/homogenizers I would like some guidance if possible.
[Water Soluble(Nano Emulsified THC SOP) - #15 by scisolinczack]

The reason im looking to demo a sonicator is I will only need to use it for 8 hours max to prep all of the samples for testing. If your a ultrasonic homogenizer company in the New England area dont hesitate reach out.

Franz

3 Likes

No manufacturer is going to let you demo their equipment with the reason for demo being “I only need to use it for 8 hours max.” You’ll want to express additional needs that prove you might be a potential buyer, otherwise it just looks like you’re trying to get a free rental from their perspective.

4 Likes

Please share your email. I’ve got something for you.

3 Likes

I have a hielscher sonicator and they actually offered me payment terms on a “lease” type purchase. Basically I had like 3 months to return it if I wasn’t happy with the purchase and they would credit me back a % of the purchase price. So if you are unable to get a demo or a rental, you may want to see if you can negotiate for a “long term lease with option of returning for cash back”.

Sure that still ends up being more expensive than a free demo or short term rental…but it’s probably the best you’re going to get.

Also, the hielscher UP400St gets the job done for me. I have nanoemulsions that are 30-40nm in particle size with a -30 to -40 zeta potential. Is it optimum for scaled up production? Probably not on its own without a flow cell and a larger batch mixer attached to it but if you’re doing smaller batch sizes it does the trick.

At the end of the day most manufacturers of sonication equipment will get the job done for you, as long as you are hitting the proper frequency it really comes down to about 80% formulation 20% equipment to create the nanoemulsion…hell maybe it’s even 90/10.

3 Likes

if you ever come to California ill give you a demo

3 Likes